Disappointed..

SyllyPoohBear

Mother of 1 expecting # 2
Reaction score
Found out today that woman with BMI less the 20 have a hard time getting pregnant. :nope: My BMI is less the 18. Which means it's not likely that I will get pregnant even BDing on the right day. :sad2: I am hoping to gain weight just started working out.. :bodyb: But now I am feeling a little hopeless.

awww sorry to hear that... It stinks that so many people say you have to weigh x amount to have a healthy pregnancy. I on the other hand have a higher than normal bmi (25) so I need to lose some weight. I honestly don't know whats harder gaining or losing weight. Just concentrate on getting healthy and if it's meant to be it will. I don't think there are many people that have an "ideal" pregnancy anyways...

:hugs: I know how you feel, hun :hugs: I'm current;y working on just sustaining my weight so I don't lose any more, which is super hard while bf'ing two. I try to keep peanut butter handy, as its compact calories, and great for being on the go. Have you tried increasing carbs and protein? Whey powder added to a milkshake or fruit smoothie is good too for helping to increase weight. HTH :flower:

I say 'pff!' to the BMI issue. If you have periods you can get pregnant. That statistic will be made up of people who are normal and healthy, petite or naturally slim, PLUS ladies with eating disorders, health conditions that cause weightloss - like thyroid problems and ladies who are long term sick, who would have health reasons for having problems conceiving.

Obviously if you do feel that you need to put weight on, then it's great that you're addressing that now. You'll need a bit of fat and energy stored just to give your body the support it needs when you are pg, in order to stay healthy, but I wouldn't get too hung up on BMI measurements. It's pretty unreliable in addressing how healthy and fit you are, because it doesn't consider lifestyle aspects. Professional rugby players are considered morbidly obese!! I have several extremely petite friends who BMI's must have been between 17 and 20 when they became pregnant. Being healthy is the most important thing for you to worry about atm.

Seriously? :growlmad:
I never knew that!!
My BMI is only 17, my body just refuses to put weight on!

Thank you all SO much for support!!! :hugs: I feel a lot better now.. I feel like that can't be completely true.. My bmi was 18.6 when I got pregnant with Baylee. Thank you for the advice too! I feel like I am at an unhealthy weight. But I am trying to stick with my husbands saying "what happens happens". And know that if I am meant to be pregnant I will be and if I just focus on being healthy then that's the best thing I can do! :thumbup: Can I just :sleep: through the 2ww?? lol Thank you all very much again! :hugs:

I think that it is no problem at all if we continue to eat healthy and excises. During pregnant time, our body can receive good healthy qualified food, it will be ok.

Relax, try and go ............

Sorry that's bull :).
I had a BMI of 16 when I accidently fell preggo on the pill so that's two impossibilities against me then!

The health organisation always come up with statistics but they are generic and do not apply to everyone.
According to them to get pregnant you have to be super healthy etc not true.

There are so many studies saying this and that and I don't pay any attention anymore as they do not apply to population 100% it's usually less than 50%!

my bmi is 18ish. i'm 4'10.5" though. does that make a difference for me?

Not sure.. I had 18 bmi when I got pregnant the first time. :shrug: So I know it can happen. :) :thumbup:

I try not to stress too much about my BMI. I have the opposite problem of having one too high. It would be nice to lose weight, but I exercise A LOT, I eat healthy and still can't seem to make a dent so as long as I'm healthy I try not to let it bother me. If it's meant to happen it will happen. Overall health is more important than BMI.

I wouldn't worry about it. You really just need the right amount of fat stored. You can weigh 100lbs and have a high body fat percentage.

Amarna how much water do you drink?? If you can drink at least 8 cups of water a day it might help. They have proven a sufficient amount of water can help you loose weight. Most people don't drink a sufficient amount of water. That's sucky.. But I guess I was reading to much into it.. Thanks again. :)

All I drink pretty much is water, except for occasions like parties where I'll allow myself a soda or a alcoholic drink the only other thing I drink is a glass of milk in the morning and green tea. So I do get at least 8 cups in a day most days. I don't know why this is, at this point I'm blaming genetics lol, I don't know what else it could be. My doctor a year ago ran a bunch of tests, including on my thyroid to make sure nothing was off and all came back fine so I'm healthy at least.

Seriously? :growlmad:
I never knew that!!
My BMI is only 17, my body just refuses to put weight on!

Geez! I wish I had your ladies problem! I used to be skinny.... and now I have a medical condition that made me gain 30 pounds in a year and a half and I can't lose it no matter what I do... I cut out soda... nothing, I started eating less and healthier foods as well... nothing, I added light exercise(part of the thing I have causes widespread pain)... nothing
I WISH that my problem was not weighing quite enough! Be thankful that that is your issue and your seemingly only issue at that!

I dunno about this. I think maybe it is if that is not how small you are naturally.
My BMI was under twenty, I was on BC pills, AND I conceived, so anything is possible.

I'm very small and slim but don't know what my bmi is.....not much I expect! But I'm naturally like this and have periods so I don't expect it to be a problem x

Certainly not true for me........mine was under 18 when I got pregnant with Isla.

Found out today that woman with BMI less the 20 have a hard time getting pregnant. :nope: My BMI is less the 18. Which means it's not likely that I will get pregnant even BDing on the right day. :sad2: I am hoping to gain weight just started working out.. :bodyb: But now I am feeling a little hopeless.

Hey
Just wanted to say mine was 18.5 when i conceived with this pregnancy. And the first month we were ttc it was 17.5, and we conceived then too. Sadly, it ended quite early, but that wasnt because of my weight. Dont let that get u down. Yes, its clearly important to be healthy, but i think mindset can really have an impact too. So dont assume u wont just because of that. If we were to believe everything we read about getting pregnant and being pregnant, i think we'd drive ourselves mad!!

GL hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->