Disappointed :(

xSin

Mummy to Aria
Reaction score
So I'm moving at the end of April over to the mainland which is great because I'll be with my OH, but not so great because its now pretty well totally put an end to my hopes for a Home Birth. :(

The house itself is starting to be fine but now that I have an address over there I was taking a look and the area my OH found for us to live, isn't serviced by any of the midwifery groups :( There's what looks like 2 Midwives total to service an area with a 500,000 population. Its also a little more out of the way so asking one of the neighboring community midwives to come in is most likely not going to work, given my circumstances. (I'll be transferring my care over there right around the beginning of my 3rd Trimester, by then the midwives will already be fully booked for my due date time frame so travelling out of area really isn't going to be an option for any of them)

Hoping to be able to arrange midwifery care if I have a natural birthing plan at the BC Women's hospital which looks like it has great facilities but I'm still a little bummed out... I liked the idea of being relaxed and at home! Not only that but now given the distance I'll have to travel to get to the hospital I won't want to leave it too late in my labor to get there, reducing even further the amount of laboring I get to do at home. BUMMER!!!

In more positive news however I was able to borrow a book on Hypnobirth from my Midwife at today's appointment :)

Gosh, I'm so sorry that your plans for a home birth might be out of the window.
I really think you are doing great by making the best of it and you will get a home from home birth - As I know that most of it is about attitude. Your attitude, and that of your attendants.
Xx

:( thats rubbish, I moved house at 36 weeks last april and couldnt have the home birth I had planned at my previous address so I know how crushed you feel, just try to keep your chin up lots of hospitals have really good midwife led delivery suites that are apparently the next best thing :) xxxx

Okay on a MUCH more humorous note... but still very related,

When I told my OH that I was going to have to use BC Womens Hospital with my midwives, he suggested we drive even FURTHER and go to Lions Gate Hospital in North Van...

:rofl:

We're already facing probably a 30min drive just to get to BC Womens hospital, I'll be in labor... uncomfortable, and he wants to keep me trapped in the car for even LONGER??? HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Men. :haha:

hahaha, silly men!

Though this might be a silly question.... Have you trying ringing what will be your new MWs? I know thing vary wildly from country or even area to area, but it is worth exploring your prefered birth plans fully first.

I moved house in my 3rd tri with my first and only moved into my new place in my 38th week. But I managed to get hold of what would be my new MW and give her a heads-up that I was coming into her care a few weeks before the move, and wanted a homebirth. She was able to arrange an appointment for me in the week that we moved... and as I was also under a consultant arrange for various tests and other appointments they wanted me to attend. (little bit of hoop jumping!).. but it was all worth it as my DD was born at home with my new MW, even though we had little time to for them to arrange themselves.
Xxx

The problem with where I'm moving though is that there are no midwives that service that area, I'm "outside their region" -- if I want midwife care (Which I wholly support, and absolutely do wish to continue with midwife care) then I am going to have to go to them... otherwise I'm going to be stuck with doctor's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->