Discomfort in arms

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and currently full of cold. What's worrying me at the moment is whilst I've been sick, I've had this weird discomfort in my arms. Just like this uncomfortable ache that moves around. On Tuesday it was very minor in my upper right arm. I thought I'd just slept on it funny coz that's what it felt like. Then on Wednesday it was my left arm that was uncomfortable but this time it was mostly my inner elbow area and forearm. Yesterday I woke up and it was my right inner elbow area and wrist but then around 6pm, I started getting the discomfort in both arms. Both arms it was in the inner elbow and wrist. Then after about 2 hours, it stopped completely and just remained in the left arm all night. Paracetamol didn't really help and i kept waking whenever I moved in my sleep because my left wrist would ache a little.

I called 111 and they didn't seem concerned after asking all the questions to rule out a heaet attack or blood clot. Now I'm just waiting for my doctor to call me back to do a clinical assessment. Thing is, the discomfort isn't there today. I feel some very minor residual weird achiness in my left inner elbow depending on the position of my arm but its 98% gone. I've been feeling really anxious all day. I've never experienced anything like that before and I don't know what caused it. It was almost like my arm was going dead (that sensation you get right at the start of pins and needles) but it didn't matter how much I moved my arm or what position I put it in, the feeling never went away. It wasn't painful, it was just really uncomfortable.

Has anyone else experienced this in pregnancy. This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced this before. I don't know if it's pregnancy related or illness related or if I'm deficient in something. I'm worrying a lot and it feels like this doctors call is never going to happen.

-AussieBub

I had something similar early in this pregnancy when I had covid. I would get the falling asleep/tingly sensation in my arms/hands as well as in my legs.

After speaking with my gp, the most likely explanation was early signs of carpel tunnel syndrome apparently. She said it was common in pregnancy and that the only thing I can do is wear wrist splints at night, which I'm now doing. Funnily enough, after having the discomfort for a couple nights, it went away after I posted this thread and I've not experienced it again since.

I did read that it can be an early covid symptom but I've tested negative for covid thankfully.

-AussieBub

Glad you got some answers about what it was and glad you tested negative for Covid :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->