Disconnected

worrying

Reaction score
Hi all

DH and I tried for almost 4 years to conceive this baby, it's all I have ever wanted!

The thing is, this pregnancy has been really rough so far. I have been hospitalized with severe morning sickness and am still vomiting despite being on anti sickness drugs. I had to cancel my holiday because I was so ill and I can barely get out of bed! This has all led to me feeling strangely disconnected with my pregnancy... It's become this thing that is making me sick..

Any advice :cry:

I'd simply say give it time, and be very kind to yourself :hugs: you've wanted this for so long, and now you've had a very rough and poorly time. You must be shattered, and just need time to relax and get back on track. My pregnancy doesn't always feel "real" now at 25 weeks, even when she's kicking me lol :)

Your feelings are normal, and are probably just your body's way of protecting you from the fear of things going wrong now you have your bean, and from the poorliness you've felt. Between everything that's gone on, and the hormones and mood swings that pregnancy brings, you're doing just fine xxxxxxxxx

My only advice is that this will pass. Even if it lasts all pg you will still look back in years to come and think of it fondly. Its totally fine not to enjoy every minute, i don't think anyone does, it doesn't mean it will affect your relationship with your child.
Hopefully it will calm in the next few weeks, you will get a bump feel better etc. For me it wasn't 100% real until my son was here, i also think that is common, its a LOT to take in x

I agree with all pp. Not with this one but with my 1st I had severe sickness, and it too shall pass and you will start to feel the baby move, and get excited about it. Pregnancy is not a walk in the park, not everyone is like la-la fairlytale super glorious about it and that absolutely ok. Doesn't mean your disconnected, your just going through a hell of a rough ride but it all works out. Try and relax, if possible even try to have a sense of humor about it, because they pay off is amazing! Best of luck to ya x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->