Disgusted with the way kids dress these days!!

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorry if I sound like an old lady complainer right now (not old btw, 21)... And this is not meant to offend anyone on this forum as these girls had to be 12 at the OLDEST! Anyway... we took Erica to the downtown trick or treat where they close off the downtown area and all the businesses pass out candy.. (She looked adorable dressed as a little princess!) So were walking around and there are TONS of girls dressed in lingerie and wings or animal ears (think Mean Girls) but they were SO young!! I honestly was appalled! When I was that age there was no way I was allowed to dress that way, even now I wouldn't dress that way unless it was only in front of DH. Have you ladies noticed the girls dressing provocatively younger and younger??

I truly am sorry if anyone took any offense to this, that was not my intention at all.

i have noticed that too here in england & many of my daughters friends who are around the ages of 8-12 dress too old for me & my daughters is wanting to do the same which isnt goin to happen at all but explaining it too her why she cant is hard,,,i dont dress like that & never would im only 30 myself but i totally agree with you!

I completely agree.
I was out with my daughter the other day and there was a bunch of girls walk past us. They must have been 10-12 yet i saw a bunch of boys-men around 20-25 whistling at them and shouting things ... :shock: all because they want to dress so old for their age! What happened to a good old tracksuit, climbing up trees?? LOL.

It's sad.Their childhood periods are getting shorter and shorter.

i was walking round george (asda) and spotted thongs for an 8 year old :shock:

It makes me so sick the way kids dress, my sister is 16 and she wants to be a "slut" for halloween.

My mother didnt have the energy to argue so she bought her a 40 dollar nightie, stripper boots. then my sister decided she wanted to be a teen mom who dresses sexy and now is stuffing a pillow to play off as a baby.

Needless to say WE arent speaking becase of this choice, I DO NOT want carlee around her if thats how she thinks of herself

A teen mum as a halloween costume?? :shock:

I know, Like its something to be proud of...Dont get me wrong I adore these teen moms who make it far in life and raise wonderful kids HOWEVER I do NOT think its something kids should find "entertaining"

my sisters friends last year or the year before went out in skirts that have shorts built in cos they're so short. they cut the shorts out. they're certainly wearing things that i would never have at that age lol!

I've noticed, I find it apalling tbh

I know, Like its something to be proud of...Dont get me wrong I adore these teen moms who make it far in life and raise wonderful kids HOWEVER I do NOT think its something kids should find "entertaining"

I agree as a teen mum myself i don't think it was right she wanted to dress as one. Because being a teen mum isnt a joke. Hope she thinks twice about it hun
xx

I'm not particularly fond of that either. I remember when I was in grade 9...whats that like, 15 or 16? My friends and I dressed up as different COLOURS and went as the rainbow :rofl:

Dressing as a slut!? No freaking way. Our mothers would have knocked our heads together!! And really, I'm only 21(soon) so it wasn't that long ago.

God help me if Meredith ends up wanting to dress like that because hell will break loose in our house! I'm all for freedom of choice and stuff, but I'm not letting my little girl dress like a whore! Its bad enough what they wear to the malls, let alone on Halloween or to a dance (have you SEEN this!?)

totally agree. My little sister has a few friends like that. Dress in short skirts and little tops, pile on the foundation,hair extensions, have manicured nails etc at that age I was riding my bike till all hours in my jeans and a big hoody, my hair a complete mess, and shock horror... NO makeup!

I think its just a stage alot of girls go threw whilst growing up. Going out and rebelling and standing out, Think back to when you were young, there must of been something you done to be individual. When I was 13 I went threw a 'goth' stage, it only lasted a while but you've got to let them get on with it or they could just do something worse by going against adults even more.
Just a part of growing up, Im sure when they look back years later they'll be very embarased but theres nothing you can do
Im only 17 so it wasnt that long ago I was there but Im really glad my parents didnt try and make me change, You gotta learn in your own way
Xx

Sorry but I will NOT be letting my daughter dress up as a slut just coz she's rebelling, she's welcome to rebel but not by dressing like a hooker. Dressing as s goth doesn't encourage men to whistle and get ideas, but dressing like a slut does.

i agree they is girls were i live about 12 or 13 years old who have doen same if millie ever tryed to dress like that i would go mental with her its not write

i no one person who asked a girl for date she said she was 18 but was only 14 he was so disscusted

i notice it too, amys mum dresses her like a mini adult when shes 6. i did notice when we went to get her some clothes for xmas that pretty much everything in matalan and primark was just like mini adult clothes! little tiny skirts and stuff we really struggled to get her something age appropriate

Doesn't it drive u insane UV? As cute as those clothes look, I think they're not appropriate for chidlren that age. I don't want to dress my young daughter in short skirts, i want something cute that makes her look her age...

my sister dresses old for her age and always has done, but its never been distasteful, its always been fashionable and not too revealing. she's 16 and looks about 20, but that might have somethin to do with her being about 5'11 lol. i went out into town for halloween a couple of years ago and my mum would have died if she'd have seen me. my skirt wasnt that short or anythin, and i was like 18, but she'd still have died lol! one of my sister's friends in primary school was wearing thongs with her school skirts and would sit there with her legs wide open like girls of that age do. so wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->