• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Disgusted with the way kids dress these days!!

When I was 13 I went threw a 'goth' stage, it only lasted a while

I went through a Goth stage at 13, but I am 28 now and am still in that stage, certaily wasn't a way to try and be individual for me, it is who I am, but I see what you mean. That came out wrong, seems I am having a go, but I'm not, honestly. :blush:

As for the original post, I have noticed kids wanting to look 'older', but they dont pull it off, it looks wrong, and they should learn to be kids. They will soon want to be a kid again when they have truely grown up and they see what the world is really like!

My 'goth' stage melted into what we now affectionately call my 'Rock Kitten' stage, which is a little bit goth, a little bit rock chick, all Kitty! I got stuck in this one, and at 29 I'm still here and not going anywhere! I am always disgusted when we go and do the grocery shopping late Friday or Saturday evening. Young girls, many obviously no older than 14, and averaging around 12 by my estimate, are parading around at 8pm in what can only be a belt rather than a skirt, with the tiniest tank tops I have ever seen. We saw one over the summer that was wearing a black sports bra looking thing with a lime green see-through 'top' over it, along with shorts that were where they had no business being, and no tights. I've got a pair of Daisy Duke type shorts, but they cover my backside, and I'm not a pre-teen wandering the streets at night! Honestly, every time I see them, I just want to shout, 'put some damn clothes on!' If I have a daughter, she will NOT be permitted out of the house looking like that. As Mom told me (and did herself), girls can easily get the clothes and change elsewhere, but no child of mine will be parading around like a cheap hooker on MY dime. I don't care if she gets angry or has a tantrum... by the time she is old enough to be bothered, we'll be living in the backwoods of Maine anyway, where girls of that age still dress as they aught to. You've got to respect yourself if you expect anybody else to respect you.

I never said it was right to look like a slut.
I was trying to get my point across that you can't keep children under lock and key forever, Their going to have to grow up one day and should let them go threw their stages and they will learn-Just MY opinion.
My younger cousin who is 12, Looks alot older more like 17/18 and shes got massive boobs and always has older boys coming up to her thinking shes older, and she does not dress slutty and doesnt wear any makeup wat so ever. So she isnt encourging men or trying to bring it on, It just happens and You can't help it if you look older than you are.
Xx

Iv always thought this...Kids nowadays dont want to be children they want to be ''grown up''...i think its ashame...now im older i don't know about you ladies but i wish i could re-live my childhood all over again...it was great...i mean i enjoy my life now...im over the moon with how things turned out but one thing you learn when you grow up is that you have to work your arse off...you barely get times for your friends...you have so much responsibility...finances...family etc....when your a kid you are so care free and silly and its all fun (well its supposed to be)...when i sometimes see my friends we laugh looking back at the things we used to do...it was funny!
I think a child should remain a child...my sister has a daughter who is 13 and OMG...her daughter is wearing short leapord skin skirts and has little tiny tops...wears loads of foundation mascara etc!...straightens her hair...when i talked to my sister about it lets put it this way i wish i didnt:) xx

I saw a girl of about 14/15 the other day walking to school. It was snowing hard with gale force winds, and snow drifts on the ground and she was walking to school wearing a strappy top and teeny tiny skirt and lots of makeup. I just burst out laughing!

I agree that kids go through phases, but I think that when girls dress slutty at a young age, its just going to get worse as they get older. When I was 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 all I really cared about was dance and cheer and my idea of boyfriends were who took you to dances and you went to see a movie with (with all of your friends!). When I was around 16, I started to like short skirts and teeny tops, and you should have seen the looks on my parents faces the first time I tried to wear one out of the house!! :dohh: A couple of times I snuck one under a pair of track pants but then a couple of girls started saying that I was a slut because I wore short skirts, so I stopped wearing them. I wasn't a slut, and didn't want to give the impression that I was.

I think it is so sad that these girls want to grow up so quickly. Like you ladies said, I miss my childhood! Funny that I mentioned this, I have the news on right now, and they are talking about too sexy costumes for tween girls. They are aimed at girls 9-12!!!

I just feel bad for Erica, cause let alone myself, her daddy is NEVER going to let her leave the house in anything sexy!!

i have noticed this to some young girls dress in a very adult way and i find it really sad and shocking xx

That's just sad. I hate seeing young girls dressing so sexually... I can tell you, if I ever have a daughter I will definitely lay down the law in that regard. No chance in HELL would my kid walk around dressed like a hooker when she's not even had her first period. I mean, when I was that age I was still dressing in my brother's hand-me-downs!

Sadly it seems to be the way things are going and some parents dont help!! When my niece was 11 a friend of hers got her a spray tan as a present! We have also had problems with our 5 (soon to be 6) year old. She was invited to a swimming party and all the girls were going to be wearing bikinis, but she only had a one piece swimsuit. We finaly agreed on a shorts and vest type bikini instead on one with 'cups' but we felt like the bad parents when all we were trying to do was protect her youth.

I notice it a lot with what girls wear around here as well, particularly the girls that attend the high school near my house. My parents would have pitched a fit if I ever walked out of the house with some of the clothes/accessories I've seen them wear. Personally I think it looks ridiculous, and it's sad that they feel the need to grow up too fast.

i know i think its disgusting and it not just haloween costumes its even 6 year olds wearing really short skirts and tiny hot pants why sexualise ur children i find it perverse

i know i think its disgusting and it not just haloween costumes its even 6 year olds wearing really short skirts and tiny hot pants why sexualise ur children i find it perverse

Well said! *claps*

My sister is 12 her halloween costume isnt too bad...i dont think i would have wore it at 12 like, but some of her friends are disgusting one of them is going as a "cat" dressed in stockings and suppsenders!!!

Holloween in parts has been used as an excuse to dress as a slut. I think i heard that in a film as I thought you where meat to dress as sometihng scary? playboy bunnys arnt scary! maybe the fact that its a 12 year old in it is rather scary!

dont get me started on kids with playboy merchandise either!

Sadly it seems to be the way things are going and some parents dont help!! When my niece was 11 a friend of hers got her a spray tan as a present! We have also had problems with our 5 (soon to be 6) year old. She was invited to a swimming party and all the girls were going to be wearing bikinis, but she only had a one piece swimsuit. We finaly agreed on a shorts and vest type bikini instead on one with 'cups' but we felt like the bad parents when all we were trying to do was protect her youth.

They have bikinis for toddlers as well?! I can't understand why they make them for girls that don't have boobs! It just looks plain stupid!

I will admit that I bought a bikini for Erica, (was the third bathing suit I bought her as the first two one pieces wouldn't fit her). When she is older she will not be wearing them, but I didn't think anything sexual of it as an infant.. Maybe I was being naive tho, I guess because until recently (being a mom) I never paid any attention to things like that, or noticed young girls in provocative clothing.

Oh, and Erica wore her bikini two whole times, once to get her summer pics taken, and once to go swimming in the privacy of her grandmas backyard.

I actually find it quite uncomfortable seeing some of these children dressed like that at times.

One thing is for sure mini pp has got another thing coming if she thinks her father is going to let her wear that kind of stuff in the house let alone outdoors lol!!

My daughter is nearly 10 and luckily she is a tom boy! I hate to think that in 2 years she would want to wear tiny skirts and tops!But like i say "want don't get". There is too much pressure from the media these days and with "idols" like Katie Price, Victoria Beckham etc its not easy to keep a child being a child! I was still playing with barbie until i was 13 and really find it hard to get my head around it all.

I agree, kids want to grow up too quickly these days especially girls :(

Funny you should mention Halloween,they say that it's the only time girls can dress as sluts and nobody will tell a single thing to them.
I find it slightly disturbing that such thing is even aimed at 12 year old girls.

I know that when I was 12-13 I went trick-or-treating dressed up in my witch costume!
I had a big nose and that goofy hat and in no way did I try to look sexy.

However,once I hit 15-16 I started with some more reaveling,fancy costumes (I really think i went as playboy bunny one year :blush:).

Actually that whole period was all the girls shorting our uniform skirts,sneaking short minis or dresses in front of our parents.
We even had our cheerleading uniforms REALLY short and tight (and they were picked out by the school!).

I know that I sure as hell wouldn't let my daughter at 12-13 wear incredibly short skirts trying to make herself look 'sexy'.
In my opinion there's nothing sexy about a 12 year old.

In fact men have an expression about such girls-'jailbait'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"