Dissapointed!

Lousie598

Reaction score
Feel very confused at the moment. Until 9 months ago I was on the pill, have been for the last 9 years, so I am still learning to understand my body's cycles again! I eventually settled down to a roughly 32-35 day cycle with one 41 day dropped in to shake me up! I have PCOS so a bit or irregularity is normal.

This month started off normally, I developed my normal PMT symptoms and then started spotting then nothing. I am now on day 46 of this cycle and still nothing. Hubby was getting more concerned than I was so we figured we had either had an 'accident' or (far worse in our opinion) it was possible that the PCOS had affected my ovulation this month. ( I have never missed a period before!) I do a test and it comes back negative. We were both surprisingly upset. We cannot afford a baby yet not for another year at least. The second our last penny of debt is repayed - (March 2011!!!!) we can start trying in good conscience and then take the rest of the time saving! We know this but we are both still upset!

I am just freaking out now that the PCOS is going to be a massive problem for when we do start trying. I am working on my weight but it makes you feel so vulnerable that something like ovulation is so out of my control!

Should I be going to the doctors if the period does not show up or just wait until the next month and see what happens?

Sorry should be called 'Disappointed' but I cannot find a way to edit.

I think it can take up to a year for some people for their cycles to get back to normal after the pill, also if you're worried about it that might be affecting it too. I don't know what PCOS is but I think if you're that concerned then you should go to the doc, even if it's just for reassurance. Probably not much help but I hope it turns out ok for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->