dizzy

No charting no POAS but not a lot of BDing either, enough to be in with a chance but not enough to feel we nailed it. I know it is early but when I see all the bfp at 8 and 9 dpo and then I get a neg at 10 I can´t help but feel blah.

That's why I don't test, just chart, and I don't do the tester threads either :hugs: really for me, it doesn't help.

I don´t symptom spot as a rule or do tester threads but I find AF a bit easier to deal with when I know she is coming. I would like to chart but OH hates is, he sees it as evidence i´m not relaxed and am obsessing, both of which are true sometimes. I wish he felt like I do about all this but at the end of the day it isn´t about him enough and really he is a little self obsessed, not in a really bad way, I think through living for too long out of relationships. Now I feel mean, but itis true none the less.

Hey you feel the way you feel, don't apologise especially not on here where we are all a little, shall we say "focussed" on this same goal.

My OH accepts the charting, he just sees it as part of the deal with my organised and spreadsheet loving personality :haha:

Nats, I normally wouldn't recommend temping at odd hours, but can you temp at a normal time for a few days to get a good baseline going and then just use the temp adjuster from that point forward?

It might keep temping away from your OH, but still let you confirm ovulation. Your chart might not be exact, but I think it will give you enough to at least see your ovulation day.

That's a might cunning plan Dmom, which is probably better than my approach which would be to tell my OH to suck it up ha ha.

One of the ladies on another thread gets up to "go to the toilet" and does the BBT sitting on the toilet, she must stash her BBT in there, and records the temp then goes back to bed, her OH none the wiser.

Good idea, but I thought you were supposed to do it before moving. I could tell my OH to stick it, but I choose my fights carefully round here they can spiral out of control easily. I think if i said I was going to do it again he would be ok with it sort of, but i know it annoys him really.
Maybe I´ll chart next cycle and see if I can go to a clinic for some tests too. It is a year exactly since my last MC so I think it is time to get some advice. Although i get back my FSH results on Wed so that should be a step forward.
Thanks you guys you have been great!

No prob, and I don't think a few steps to the bathroom would raise the temp so much as to render inaccurate, plus if you do this every day then it is consistent....

Yeah pick your battles for sure.

Nats, I think temping is like everything else involving TTC; there is a textbook way to do it and a way that works for you.

I think finding the method that works for you is what counts in the end. :flower:

I get up to pee during the night, sometimes I toss and turn, and sometimes I sleep until my normal 5:30 temping time.

In the end, it doesn't matter; you are just trying to confirm ovulation. So your chart is a little erratic? Believe it or not, even an erratic chart can be your 'norm.' As long as we can see the dip for OV, the rest of the temps do not matter.

Just pick a normal waking time for the first few days of your cycle and then use the adjuster; no big deal. My only suggestion would be that you not set a default time, nor record a time on whatever charting method you use. Keep it simple and don't record any CM after ovulation on the chart itself; add that in the section for notes. FF is very touchy and if your CM and CP do not line up with the stars, your xhairs might get dotted or moved.

Besides, you have us and we can help you with any adjustments you need to make! :hugs:

He won't leave you alone about temping if you tell him you just want to make sure you are ovulating?

Good idea, but I thought you were supposed to do it before moving. I could tell my OH to stick it, but I choose my fights carefully round here they can spiral out of control easily. I think if i said I was going to do it again he would be ok with it sort of, but i know it annoys him really.
Maybe I´ll chart next cycle and see if I can go to a clinic for some tests too. It is a year exactly since my last MC so I think it is time to get some advice. Although i get back my FSH results on Wed so that should be a step forward.

I fully understand you and your aproach with your OH. Mine is not very supportive with the TTC business. he just thinks that it will happen and that all charting, OPK and all that are just gardgets to make money. The fact that ages of NTNP did not work for us hasen´t given him different views.

In my case I told him that as I was diagnosed with possible PCOS when I was younger, my doctor wanted me to chart to see how my cycles were. A little white lie, but at least we don´t argue over it. It is hard thought to get him to :sex: on my most fertile days though...:wacko:

I hope your FSH results come fine hun :hugs::hugs:

I fully understand you and your aproach with your OH. Mine is not very supportive with the TTC business. he just thinks that it will happen and that all charting, OPK and all that are just gardgets to make money. The fact that ages of NTNP did not work for us hasen´t given him different views.

In my case I told him that as I was diagnosed with possible PCOS when I was younger, my doctor wanted me to chart to see how my cycles were. A little white lie, but at least we don´t argue over it. It is hard thought to get him to :sex: on my most fertile days though...:wacko:

I hope your FSH results come fine hun :hugs::hugs:

Sounds like my OH! He thinks it is all about me being exploited and companies earning money from my worries. Then he gets performance anxiety on Ov days, or is suddenly too busy or doesn´t feel like it, drives me nuts. I understand he doesn´t like feeling like I´m only after it for one reason, but I make sure we do it the rest on the month too so he can´t accuse me of that, (although he does.) They just don´t get it, he always thinks oh well it won´t matter if it is next month and doesn´t think that I have been trying for two years (with mc x2) and it does matter!!

Oh thanks I feel better for a quick rant!:hugs:

Nat.... Does he want a kid, or not?

Yeah but he is younger than me so all the hurrying is on my part. He is a bit ostrich about it all, ignore it and it will all happen by itself. Also he is defensive and hears everything as a criticism, so if I say we need help he hears you can´t get me pregnant, which isn´t true I have been pregnant twice. I don´t know I think it has all been going on for so long he is sick of it and just wants me to be happy and relaxed, which isn´t easy all the time. But then i have you lovely ladies to talk to so that is a big help.

Well if it really bugs him temp in the toilet, he'll never know, and you can then know what is going on with your body and how many DPO and all that you are, so you're not going for (forgive the metaphor) a stab in the dark here.

Are my OH and your OH twin brothers? They sound so alike!

I had to laugh today as after he told me he was too tired to perform on friday and he went out with the boys instead. Today he told me that why didnt I tell him it was my fertile day? Grrrr! Lol ranting is good to get it off the chest! And you are welcome to rant at anytime. :hugs::hugs: specially if it helps to get rid of a little stress!

As NorthStar says it would be good if you started temping again, it will tell you an accurate picture of your ovulation patterns. He doesnt need to know.

Yeah just stash your mobile phone and BBT in the bathroom.

My OH doesn't even stir now just as well as my effing BBT beeps 10 TIMES dunno what idiot designed the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->