Dla form, is it really that long

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, is the dla form really 74 pages long? I was expecting maybe 5/10 pages but 74!! What on earth do they want to know?

It's a long form but not as long as 74 pages. Depending on your child's needs there could be some sections you miss out.
I was very lucky not long dome ours but my cousin is a OT so she helped explain it all and fill it in. My son's nursery manager was also fantastic there's a wee section about your child school/nursery needs and a statement bit she filled both bits in and wrote on extra bit of paper explaining exactly what support he needs in nursery. If you have any health care professionals working with you I'd ask for there help with it xx

It's as long as you need it to be. You might only need to fill in a small part of it or you might need to do the whole thing. It depends on your circumstances. But yes, it is long for us. It took me several weeks to complete (and I've done it three times).

it is definitely one long ass form and theres never enough space to write as much as you need to so you do extra. but no i dont think its 74 pages. ill check mine and tell you later.

A lot of it is guidance and explanation too. I would suggest help too.

It's around 40 pages I think... start it as soon as you get it. You have a 6 week turnaround period to have it back dated to when you applied. You think it's ages and then it's not. x

damn i forgot to check and ive sent my form off now. it was around 72 questions.. but obviously not all apply to everyone so you can end up missing out quite a lot of them x

I actually got a text message from the DLA to say they had received my son's forms and they would keep me up to date via text could take up to 8 weeks to get word back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->