Do all 4D ultrasounds look the same?

Rymel12

Reaction score
I put a posting on Facebook of my daughter and my son's 4d ultrasound and mentioned how much they look alike. I was all excited about it until one of my friends commented on it and said basically that all babies look alike at that stage. I looked at many 4d shots on Google images at the same gestation and to me, they look different, though subtlely. I feel like my daughters 4d came out looking exactly like her when she was born so why couldn't that happen with my son too? Was my friend just being a Debbie downer or do they really all look the same and I'm seeing what I want to see? (Also, I've attached my kiddos pics from the womb so you all can see the resemblence)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 46
They definitely don't all look the same! My sister had a 4D scan of her now 6 year old daughter and it was amazing how much she looked like her older brother - and similarly I had one of my now 2 year old and he looked just like my DH and how he now looks!

I'd say your two look similar - the nose is the same :flower:

I agree, they do not all look the same. My girls looked very different. TBhe angle of their noses is different. We didn't get a copy of the 4D scans but the sonographer showed us.

We only had a 4d scan of our oldest dd but dd2 looked exactly like dd1 when she was born but a slimmer version lol.. she was lighter than dd1.

They don't all look alike at all!!

Seriously some people just like to be know it alls!!

Your two really do look very alike! :) the noses in particular! Very cute! Don't listen to your friend, as the parent you probably just look at a lot more closely than other people!

I'm hoping to have one a bit later on, I can't wait to see my little ones face!

Definitely different! In mine you could see similarities but still different.

Definitely different! Friend is definitely being a Debby downer. It's just like when babies smile for the first time and there's always that one person that says 'it's just gas'. A smile is a freaking smile in my opinion. :flower:

They definitely don't look all alike. Otherwise, I can guarantee that the business of private 3d/4d scans would not be as lucrative as it is. The resemblance in your babies' photos is due to the fact that they are siblings and do look very similar to each other. (Same nose. So cute!) I hate it when someone goes out of their way to pee on someone else's parade.

Yours are definitely siblings! Lol. Those noses and lovely cheeks.

I had a scan at 27 weeks with my DD and there are def features that aren't like all babies - she looks like herself. Some people like to take your excitement down a notch, I'd ignore it!

Thanks everyone! So nice to hear the validation. :)

You could definitely see the sibling resemblance between my kids in the 3d scan and now my daughter is born it's very apparant in person!

I don't think they look the same at all. Haven't had the 4D for this one yet as I'm only 14 weeks, but with my girl, you can tell it is her in the pictures. They don't look anything like any of those I've seen on Google.

I don't even think 12 week ultrasounds all look the same. I've noticed that some babies have very defined features early on, whereas others have less distinct faces. However, I DO think that my own children look incredibly similar on their 12 week ultrasounds, down to the shape of the head, nose, and sharp upward angle of the lower jaw, which my LO still has.

Top is LO, bottom is baby #2. :)

Attachments

• photomagic(1)(44).jpg
    photomagic(1)(44).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1
Yours look nothing like my son's did. The first thing I thought when I met my son was 'it's the baby from that scan photo!' It was so clearly him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->