Do any of you find........?

mightyspu

No life since Aug 2009...
Reaction score
I married my DH nearly 3 months ago, and since then I have had nothing but "when are you going to start trying?" It's especially annoying because we are trying, but I really don't want a load of busy bodys poking their nose into my sex life. Several times i have been tempted to turn around and tell people the truth and that "Actually I miscarried, does that answer your question?" I have vowed that the next time I am asked I am going to say that I was not born with lady parts and therefore can't. That might shut people up.

Has anyone else found that other people seem to care too much about what's going on the bedroom department?

I can totally understand how annoying it is, I'm married 3 months too and the cheek of some people since and it's all people I wouldn't tell anything too, my own best friend prob knows we are trying but would never ask. These people drive me mad. My usual answer is 'give me a chance to breath after my wedding thanks' or 'in a few years maybe'.

:hugs: people can be incredibly insemnstitive when it comes to this. they assume that because you don't have a big baby belly that you are not trying to conceive!
we have not had too much of it thankfully (we got married last year) but the odd comments do seem to be building up. my usual answer is 'sod off'
no, only kidding, but thats what I feel like saying!

No...I haven't had much of that...probably because my older brother and his wife had some trouble TTC so everyone learned to not say anything.

If someone did ask me I would just say that I want to relax with my new husband for a while and just enjoy eachother.

My close family know not to say anything as my sister had a little trouble getting her son. But it's people I don't know that well. I do tell them that I've only just got married and want to spend time just us, but they just do not listen! I have a fairly demanding job, so often use the "What with this job?" line, but I'm rubbish at lieing and frnakly would like people to mind their own!

I can seriously relate - have been married for more than 13 years, and only started TTC this year - we married really young and promised our families we would be careful - well we stuck to BCP and fortunately nothing happened - but once I hit 26 the questions started - 'oh its been five years, when are you going to pop one out'.

I would just ask them if they were expecting, and perhaps we could share notes - this normally shuts them up - particularly men and women in their forties.

I can seriously relate - have been married for more than 13 years, and only started TTC this year - we married really young and promised our families we would be careful - well we stuck to BCP and fortunately nothing happened - but once I hit 26 the questions started - 'oh its been five years, when are you going to pop one out'.

I would just ask them if they were expecting, and perhaps we could share notes - this normally shuts them up - particularly men and women in their forties.

Wowza, 13 years of "when are we going to hear those footsteps?"!

It's the insensativity I can't stand. I joke about it to the people at work who mention it, as if I'm joking with them, but really, it's them I'm annoyed at. One girl even said that's she get's asked all the time about why she isn't engaged yet. It's hardly the same thing!

Yes is all I will say to this one and Yes it was annoying and very insensitive!!

I totally understand! Me and hubby got married in aug last year, we're both 30. We've been trying since Jan 09. I had a mc in March, and nothing since. Hardly anyone knows that we are trying because we want it to be a suprise, and to be honest want our privacy!

I had my mom demanding a granddaughter down the phone to me- this was when i finally told her about the mc. People who I work with saying "YOU'LL BE NEXT", also I had one lady ask if I had anything to tell her when i wore a baggy top into work!

The worst by far was a bloke at work who said you've been married for a year now and your not pregnant- are you sure theres nothing wrong with you!

I can't beleive how bloody rude and insensitive these peolpe are! I just laugh it off and say maybe next year- i want a few holidays first.

I'm sure they would feel really guilty if they knew....... some of them anyway, some people are just really nosy and bored with thier own lives!

Sorry for the rant :)

ALL THE TIME!!!!!

we have been married for just over a year and there's no sign of anyone minding their own business yet. there is one woman at work who keeps telling me i need to get a move on or i'll be too late (i'm 31) and one who keeps asking when i'm going to have a baby because she wants to take some of my hours when i go part-time afterwards!!!

the thing is, if they even thought about it for a second they would realise maybe we have been trying for a year, or maybe there's some kind of problem, a reason why we can't have babies, and maybe what they're saying is actually really upsetting. we haven't been ttc and i'm praying there's no problem, but i've been desperately wanting to ttc for that whole year - and then some - and it has been really upsetting being asked all the time. my family are no better - they all pop out babies like the proverbial rabbits, and all started by early twenties, so i'm pretty much past it! my mum even said that she thought i would never have babies. when i was 23!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh yeah. That's familiar. Mom used to ask me regularly, "When are you going to give me grandchildren?" Until I snapped at her one day, "The more you ask, the more I want to NEVER have kids. Enough is enough!"

yup i can totally understand wat you are facing and how you are feeling my DH ex girlfriend is always so curious to know abt are sex life which annoys me a lot sometimes there are people who would show that the sex life is far more comfortable then us but you cant just help out with such people

wow ellen, the hubby's ex girlfriend - that sounds awkward!
xx

OMG, it is soooo annoying. We have been married since Nov and all my friends who have not had a baby say everytime i see them 'Any news?' with a wink. My family say things like 'oh hurry up' and his family have all had kids young and have even said things like 'You had better be pregnant next time i see you'

So much bloody pressure.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back