Do any of your LOs *not* nap in day?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Now or at any point when they were younger?

Question for all Mums of kids any age or if it was in the past what age were they?

Caitlin seriously is becoming a NIGHTMARE of a night. Up most of the night until about an hour ago has gone for nap with Daddy but she was running on so little sleep!

Tristan does not really nap during the day much at all. He is getting a bit better recently though.

Generally, he will have a couple of 20 - 30 minutes napping if we are out and about and he will doze off in his buggy. However, if we try and put him down in his cot for a daytime nap, he usually goes bezerk!

Recently, we have managed to start getting him to go down for about 20 - 30 minutes in the morning. Afternoons, not a chance! He does sleep 7.30 - 8.00 throughout the night though.

xxx

Well my Caitlins always slept through - had what you have now thats the odd nap here an there when she was quite younger (probably around same age as Tristan now) and it ended up as she was active she had one nap in afternoon could be anything from 15 minutes to an hour. I guess playing is tiring lol but shes just terrible shes not been sleeping for a couple of week constantly wakes up. Last night worse bed 10pm awake 1.30am to 4am awake again at 6 or 6.30am! I was in bed :blush: got up at 9 because Stu didn't wake me and she was still up!!

Would Megan crying have woken her do you think? My friend's toddler has started getting up in the night as her little sister has woken her up when she wants fed.

^I was wondering the same.

Hon, I hope she starts to sleep better soon for you! :hugs:

I was posting recently about how little Lola sleeps...but that was pretty much since always. It's not crying or fussyness, she just wnats to play.

But I have no idea what sparked the change in Caitlin now? :hugs: Do the girls share a room? Maybe it's attention from the fact Megan is in the room with you guys and Caitlin is in her own?

We have stopped kaitlins nap now sometimes she will if we are in the car but if we are at home we just try and fill her afternoon up so shes busy then at 7pm she is ready to drop striaght off:) Its working brilliantly!

Jacob hasnt napped since about 4 months :dohh: and goes down at 8pm and up at 5.30-6 :rofl: He is up in the night for his dummy and sometimes to play but i just make a point of not going in unless he is crying and if he is i go in put dummy back in re-assure him and leave. More often than not he will just talk to himself until he falls back asleep :). I only get him to take naps if i go out as the movement and he will nap but as soon as i stop he is awake :dohh: so most days i try and make the point of going out about 11 and 3 so he will nap but today im in work and he is with daddy and he has been up since 5.45 and still not napped :dohh: :rofl: i dont know how he manages i cant :rofl: We have tried just putting him down but will come back 20mins later and he will be talking to himself and playing so i took all the toys out his cot and he now plays with the blankets :dohh: singing to them...is cute. I asked HV and she said some babies need more sleep than others some just dont need it :dohh: doesnt help but she said they will sleep what the need and no more or less XxxX

my two choose when they want to have their naps. always have done - most of the time they do take them but lilly can sometimes decide that she doesnt need a nap

Callum has to have a nap after lunch otherwise come 4pm he's falling asleep and you cant stop him from going to sleep for love nor money and then he wont go to bed till atleast 10pm.

Maybe caitlins scared she misses something, i know nicole would neve sleep properly incase she missed something. Typical little girl!!

Kyle usually gets up at 7 and is ready to sleep again around 11-12. Usually he sleeps around an hour n a half to two hours. There will be some days where he will refuse point blank to sleep but they are very rare.

All 3 of my boys dropped from 2 naps a day to 1 at about 18mo old give or take a couple months, then my oldest didn't drop naps fully until about 4 and then Casen was 3 when he stopped on a daily basis but now at 4 will nap everyday if we are in the car, otherwise he doesn't nap...Hayden is 19mo and still needs his nap everyday.

Olivia sleeps right through, she goes up and is usually down and asleep by half seven. Just these last few days shes started to be a nightmare. I'll put her up but she whinges and cries out til about 9pm.

Also she has started not napping during the day. She used to go down about half 10 but just lately I cant get her to sleep though the day, before lunch or after but you can tell she's tired but she continues to fight it.

I swear she is waring me out with this behavious though. Its like she's trying to push me everyday!

x

leeon goes to bed at 7pm gets up at 9am not a peep through the night sometimes hel have a nap about 1pm for about an hour but if he diesnt have a nap at all through the day hes usually in bed by 6pm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->