Do I come off the pill now?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
How long does it take for your body to settle and be ready to get pregnant after coming off the pill?

My partner isn't ready yet, but he could just turn around at any point and say he is ready, I would rather start actively trying straight away if he says yes.

He's waiting for everything to be more.. i don't know, money generally better etc I guess. (I've been self employed for five months so that is improving!)

I'm due to pick up some pills on Monday but I'm basically thinking whether to not bother! I only went back on them due to painful period cramps!

Once you're off the pill, you can get pregnant right away. Some doctors recommend waiting a month or two so that you can get a feel for what your new cycle is like (it may not be the same as before) and if you do get pregnant right away, it can be more difficult to date the pregnancy.

It took me 3 months to fall pregnant after coming off contraception. Though we wasnt actively trying. I'm coming off mine this month and hoping to fall pregnant december time. Good luck x

Varies ... if you think it could be in the near future I would consider stopping and using condoms until you are ready <3

Ah I heard it could take a year to get pregnant after coming off! Well that's good to know!
I'm also going to see if coming off the pill will help reduce these mad breakouts my skin is having!

It would be nice to start trying some time next year... but we'll see how my partner feels as the months go by!
I think if my business booms he will be a lot happier saying yes. He just wants to be more comfortable money wise. My business is still early days and it's growing steadily, so fingers crossed &#55358;&#56606;&#55356;&#57339;

If your partner doesn't want another baby right now, I would stay on the pill. I've gotten pregnant twice now the second month after the pill. We didn't even really try the first month though as in one case I was sick and the other just the timing wasn't great. I'm about to turn 37 and have been on the pill since I was 18 except when I was pregnant before. It's normal for it to take several months to a year to get pregnant, pill or no pill, and I don't think there's any evidence to suggest people with normal fertility necessarily take longer just because they've been on the pill.

I've had a tonne of benefits since coming off the pill, my skin on my face and top of my back has cleared right up straight away without changing my diet etc. It was making me feel absolutely awful. I feel more energised all month long too so far! Can't believe how quick my skin has cleared up though.

Now I think I should have come on after stopping the pill on Monday, but it hasn't come yet. I'm USUALLY like clockwork, even without the pill. But I'm not sure if coming off the pill has just made my body have a hiccup to get back into the cycle again.

My partner knew from the beginning I came off the pill, and we did have sex once since, but he used the pull out method. Stupid, I know, but I did tell him at the time. We didn't have condoms, we don't have sex often, I can count on one hand how many times we've had it this year. So I wasn't in a rush to go buy any. For some reason he felt a bit frisky and didn't want to wait til I went to the shops to buy them! So yes, a bit of an oops moment already. And no, it wasn't on purpose on my part. We used the pull out method for over a year after having my son, and didn't have a scare even once.

For those who have come off the pill, how long did it take for your period to come?
I honestly can't remember what it was like after I came off the pill last time.

I think I'm going to buy if it doesn't come by Friday... hopefully just my body being a bit slow.

I was on the pill for 10 years prior to TTC. When I came off I had the standard bleed when I finished the pack and then nothing happened. No cycle. Randomly got pregnant 9 months later with no AF in between (sadly was MMC but then got pregnant again the next cycle after MMC).

So it really did knock my cycle out completely after stopping pill. It was something I didn't know before and lucky I wasn't in a rush TTC really. I have since heard other friends complain of the same. That said you can always fall straight away and have no issues as everyone is different.

Really odd that there isn&#8217;t a sign of AF though. I don&#8217;t think I was late coming off the pill last time. But iduno actually being on the pill this time round really messed up my body than it did the first long stretch of being on it (age 16-23). Just didn&#8217;t agree with me at all!

I did a test yesterday because I couldn&#8217;t wait and had a weird dye run where the line should appear of positive. Trying to hold off a bit longer so when I take a second test it should be obvious.

I&#8217;d still probably say it&#8217;s unlikely! Only once with the pull out method.

Didn't have a regular cycle the first month off, was something like 18 days. But my second cycle I got pregnant, Oed on CD14 on the dot. I'm planning to do the same for the next one, would rather not have unnecessary periods.

I had a fairly easy time coming off the pill. I didn't restart a new pack , had a period within the usual 7day break then next month period came more or less on time . We were trying for about 6/7 months before I got pregnant .

DD2 I got pregnant the same month I stopped the pill ! During that time we only DTD once (on my birthday lol) scan showed I probably conceived on that date lol .

Good luck with your journey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->