Do I go for it this month?

S

sugarlove

Hi I will be ov prob in the next week or so, but this month I've been leading a really unhealthy lifestyle. Back on the cigs after giving up at the start of the yr and been drinking too much too.

I think it's because I'm so stressed after mc and sudden death of Mother in Law, so I've been trying to go out and forget about things. My DH has also been drinking too much with me, but doesn't smoke.

I really want to be pg again asap, but I don't know whether to go for it this month, or give it a miss and try and get my body back to being healthy again.

Do you really think it makes any difference beforehand or not?

What would you do?

Thanks
SL

I would not worry about it. sounds like you have enough to think about at the moment anyway try to stop smoking though ASAP as that had a really bad effect on the baby in the first few months of pregnancy but dont see how it could affect one that has not been concieved yet. Dont give yourself more to worry about if it is going to happen it will. But if you do decide to try clean up your act before you ovulate otherwise if the worst happens again you will beat yourself up over it. I had an MC about 3 weeks ago and looking back there are so many things that I should have done differently and when I really think about it I feel that it was partially down to my lifestyle and stress. I know deep down that it just was not meant to be but you dont want to have that hanging over you. But try not to worry about it as stress is as bad as any other addiction.

Sugar dont worry...I have been living the same lifestyle also. I discussed this extensively with my doc and he said that its no problem. We have enough on our plate as it is babes, to give up the ciggies!

Go for it sugarlove. I do the same, I comfort eat (all the wrong foods) and I drink too much aswell. But I put it down to all the crap thats happened to me lately. I turn to food and drink when I'm stressing or feeling down.
But I know as soon as I see that BFP my mental attitude will change and I'll be back to eating healthy and no drinking.

xoxo

I say go for it hun, if you feel strong enough emotionally, though maybe if you are not 100% leave it for another month, until that urge to try again is so strong you won't need to ask as you'll just know. Don't worry too much about the cigs and drinking. Obviously better if you could stop though!

I'm trying again this month and am now on metformin so can't drink anyway but have been having the odd sneaky cig, am going to stop this weekend tho' and try and be really positive this month.....

Sorry for your loss honey.
I think if you're emotionally ready to try again after your miscarriage then I say got for it! Xx

I'm with everyone else - if you feel you're ready - go for it. You can start being healthier today if need be. GL!

Well, I ended up going to Glastonbury Festival at the last minute at the weekend.

Had an amazing time, haven't lauged as much for ages, but very much overindulged on the cigs/alcohol front.

I also rather foolishly took a legal herbal high with some friends, which did nothing exept make us all feel tired and sick.

Do you think I'm still ok to try this cycle?

I'm worried about the herbal high I took now!

I'm still not sure whether to just miss this month out and get my body back in good shape, or just go for it! The funnly thing is I feel so much more chilled out about the whole thing. It really did do me the power of good to just go away and forget about things :thumbup:

Thanks
SL

If it was me, I would leave it as have been feeling so much guilt after my mc's wondering if I could have done anything differently that it would be playing on my mind if I had overindulged and then got a bfp. Its an individual choice though so good luck to you if you decide to give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->