Do I have mastitis?

MaskedKitteh

Reaction score
Hiya. What started as a cracked nipple has taken a turn for the worse
I feel hot, shakey and weak and I have all the general symptoms of flu. Not only that but I have a painful lump on the side of my breast.

Am I panicing? Or does it sound like mastitis?

It sounds like it could be mastitis. Try to express as much milk out of that breast as you can/ get LO to drink, it will hurt. Take some panadol and get your bum to the doctors asap. :hugs:

Thanks, lo is feeding off it now. And I managed to get 6oz out of it earlier. Should I be consideringtge out of hours gp centre tomorrow or am I okay to wait till Monday?

You'll be fine to wait until Monday, it won't kill you or anything, though if your fever gets worse be sure to pop down to the GP. Also try having a warm-hot bath and hand express a bit with the hot water over it, will help alot!

Thanks. I'll get an emergency appt for first thing monday. In the mornin (it's 4am here and I'm up feeding!) them I'll have a hot ish bath/shower. Fever isn't bad. More a case of I feel hot but I'm shivering because it's cold! OH gave me struck instruction that i'm not allowed out of bed before 10 at the very earliest, and that I should stay in bed, nurse Tom and sleep while he looks after Luke (18 mos) bless him!

Thatsnks for your help hon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->