Do I just need to get strict?!?Routine issues.

jen1604

Reaction score
So,Ophelia is 7 months this week and Ive been trying to get her into a routine for literally a month.Lately just trying to get her to do anything I want her to do is a constant struggle.
This morning I was trying to give her porridge which she LOVES and she screamed and screamed for 10 minutes until I let her eat yogurt.
Also,Ive been trying to get her to sleep in her cot for the last month too.
This is nightmare because A) she just cries and cries and then sits up and starts playing with her blankets and B) when she cries my OH refuses to leave her in her cot,he just picks her up and says 'I want her in with me'
Arrrgh.Im going mad,Im so tired and I feel like such a rubbish parent because she's so little and at the moment its like I have NO control over her.
What should I do?I really want her to sleep in her cot in her room now but I dont see how I can get her to stay in there.Sometimes she'll go to sleep in there for an hour and then wake up and start the whole crying cycle again.
Please please please give me some advice,Im going mad over here!:hissy:

That little angel in your avatar is causing you grief? LOL

For one, she's playing you and she's at that age where she knows what to do to get her own way. Your OH picking her up isn't helping the situation. She knows if she cries, she'll get picked up and be able to sleep with both of you. You need to speak with him :)

Same thing with the feeding. She knows if she screams she will get what she wants. You know what I would do? Give her a spoonful of porridge and then a spoonful of yogurt, alternating, and that way you are getting her to have both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->