Do I need to supplement??

Rosie604

Mommy to Princess Emily!
Reaction score
First off, please do not give me any personal opinions about the fact that I am using goat's milk. Much appreciated.

NOW, I had my baby girl about a week ago and I have been breast feeding via pump and breast (whenever she is hungry enough to latch). I have been giving her goat's milk as well because I can't keep up with the pumping and she is still hungry all the time. I had planned to use a special goat's milk recipe once I was no longer able to breast feed and it looks like that time is coming faster than expected...:cry: I bought the vitamins for the recipe I wanted to use, but now I am hoping to use an actual formula for her as I have found one that fits my standards. As of right now, she is on half breast milk and half goat's milk...do I need to supplement a vitamin for this diet until the formula gets here? Or is she getting enough from the breast milk? I am worried that she isn't getting enough...:nope:

My dds pediatrician told me to give her vitamin d drops..I guess it doesn't transfer through breast milk...I know nothing of goats milk so don't know if its in that or not.

Yeah only vitamin D needs to be supplemented for exclusively breastfed babies.

It depends where you live. Vit D is recommended for countries where Mom and baby are not getting enough sunshine.

In the UK the hospital gives you a bottle of vitK drops if you are breastfeeding.

vitamin drops are NOT needed if you are exclusively breastfeeding. I hate that so many doctors prescribe them! Does more harm than good to their stomachs. I've refused them on all my kids. As for OP, if you are supplementing with Goats milk, you will need to add vitamins, as goats do not have the same nutritional requirements as humans.

Im in uk and had NO mention of vitamin drops...and thats with being in and out of hospital with phoebe!

In the UK the hospital gives you a bottle of vitK drops if you are breastfeeding.

Only in a few areas. Most give the injection.

As for the goats' milk I am not judging you OP but I would discontinue it as soon as possible, there are a lot of myths as to how goats' milk is more suitable than cows' milk as it is purportedly more similar to human milk, I have researched this and it isn't correct. In some regards goats' milk is less nutritionally adequate and has an even more unsuitable fat and electrolyte balance than straight cows' milk would. I'm glad you have found a suitable formula xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->