Do i start temps etc or will that make me even more obsessed

missymoon

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi there!
Been trying for approx 9 months on and off and so far na da.

Now i am trying to decide whether i need to make more of an effort to track my ovulation and cycle as so far i have not done this. This month was 7 days late for my AF, so prob ovulated late.

I am worried that if i start charting temps etc i will become EVEN more obsessed than i already am and this will affect me personally and make it more heartbreaking when it doesn't happen.

So what do you think?

Need advice!
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

I dont think of it as an obsession. I htink of it as learning about your body and its a cheap way :)

And it amps up my sexy drive knowing that this week could be the week :)

I usually temp every other month. It drives me crazy by the end of the month when I do temp, but in my month that I don't temp I keep thinking I may miss some sign of pregnancy/implantation. I guess I'm trying to say I obsess either way HAHA!

Definitely temp. I had a pos opk from a LH surge but didn't ovulate for another 10 days. If I had temped I would have realised instead having a 23 day wait for my af!

The way I look at is that you are giving yourself the best opportunity to conceive and you learn more about your cycle. Gl x
:dust:

I suppose it depends on your personality really, I am enjoying temping (well, not sure if enjoying is really the right word!) But, it's satisfying, and I find it less stressful as at least now I have an idea what my body's up to.

Also, I'm pretty much decided I don't want to go back on hormonal BC after we finally get to start our family, and I'm not keen on the idea of a coil either, so I figure this'll set me up for natural family planning later! :thumbup:

I like temping also, it lets me know how my body works, ive learnt alot since charting. I say do it for 3 months and then when you see a patten you could always stop if your obsessing, but at least you have an idea of when your ovulating or what you feel after.

Its hard to say, as it does make you feel in more control but it also makes you think about it constantly and analyse everything as its not all text book. However it does work really well for some people so it worth a try :)

I would definatly tempt I enjoy knowing when I ovulated and knowing that we at least did it :sex: during the right time! Its fun to know your body so well. I really enjoy it and I dont think I obsess over it but every morning I wake up im excited to see my temp shift lol :)
:dust:

I've only started temping this month, (too late in the month if I'm honest, but I was too keen to wait!!)

But I'm finding it really interesting watching the temp variations and wondering what it means. It's also making me feel like I have a less passive role

Well, given me something to think about. What do your OHs think about the temping. I think mine thinks i'm crazy enough already. He is more up for the every other day method but due to shift work this cannot always be the case.
I'm thinking i might give it a shot, is it easy to interpret...i am a science teacher...so charts and graphs i love!! but so far having been trying to resist!!

its just shit when ur temp starts coming down 2-3days b4 ur af :cry:

good2do tho ive done it with morgan and ttc2 x

my OH doesnt even realise....i dnt think :lol:

my OH doesnt even realise....i dnt think :lol:

lol! Mine definately does, he's been waking me up at 7am on weekends to remind me to do it!! :sleep: Glad he's on board with me though-even if he is a little bemused by it all :haha:

Lol, hubby don't mind becuase he don't wake up lol, when the alarm goes.

Well, given me something to think about. What do your OHs think about the temping. I think mine thinks i'm crazy enough already. He is more up for the every other day method but due to shift work this cannot always be the case.
I'm thinking i might give it a shot, is it easy to interpret...i am a science teacher...so charts and graphs i love!! but so far having been trying to resist!!

Ah .... Well, I sorta do the temping on the sly... Pop it in the mouth before the light goes on. I don't really want my hubby to know just how much of a big deal it is to me. He had a nasty car accident in November, and I don't want to put any pressure on him over babymaking, since there's still some recovering left that he has to do himself.

In fact, nobody knows I'm TTC.... I didn't want people asking me questions, or pitying me if it didn't happen quickly. This works out quite well in protecting my feelings overall, but it also means I have NO-ONE to talk to about it.

Sometimes I feel I'm gonna explode.

Thank GOD for this forum eh! Sanity guaranteed :)

What about yourself; does anyone know the full story???

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"