Do I test by dpo or af?

Emma247

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have irregular periods atm I either go 4 weeks or 6 weeks.
This is my first month ttc my last period was really heavy, I ovulated on c20-21, so I'm now 7-8dpo

So this is were I get confused if it's 6 weeks then af isn't due for another 2 weeks but I will be like 3 weeks past ovulation...is that even possible?

Can I test by dpo? Is it more likely that my period is actually due tomorrow, and then it's 4 weeks? But then I'm only 8-9 dpo?

One confused lady! X

I think luteal phases are usually around 14 days i.e. once you ovulate, AF tends to come about 14 days later. I believe this can be different for different people (I've read LP's can vary between 12-16 days) and some might have problems with a short luteal phase (i.e. if its less than 10 days long). This is a helpful video on youtube, might help explain things?

I would guess that if you compared your 4 week cycles to your 6 week cycles, you would probably just be ovulating later in the 6 week cycles. How do you know you ovulated on CD20/21? Are you charting?

From what you've said, I would guess that you would be due AF around CD34/35/36 if no bfp... but just a guess!!!

Hope that makes sense! xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdfJuGmBeM

Thank you for ur reply. Much appreciated.
I used ovulation sticks to test and when they said I was ovulating I had two real crampy days.

Your reply has given me a good idea thank you and will leave it til next weekend to test unless af comes of course x

Hiya :) You could do either, if you are 12-14dpo before you miss your period, you can test by DPO. If you have like an 8 day luteal phase normally, I would wait for AF to be missed :) hope that makes sense x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->