Do not use first signal pregnancy test(88 cent walmart cheapies)

he really didnt say much. i have copies of the bloodwork and it shows hcg level less than 1. I still havent had any bleeding so i dont know what is going on. i just know im not pregnant.:wacko:

I am sorry that would be heartbreaking.. Wish you the best in your future of ttcing.. :hugs::flower:

were you temping? have they checked your progesterone levels? it's possible that you didn't o. i went through a time after i went off the pill that i didn't o for over 6 months. i went to the doc and i wasn't ovulating at all.

im not temping. i have just been going by ewcm to figure out when i ovulate. i also have pain near my ovaries when i ovulate. about 3 months ago they did a 21 day progesterone and it showed i was ovulating

if you feel like your doctor isn't helping you, try a new doctor. they're supposed to be there to help you. if they don't give you enough answers to make you comfortable, they don't deserve your money.

I took a bunch of those and had the same result.. almost identical looking as those and wasn't pregnant

please contact the company about this. i did but they never responded back. Maybe if enough women report the problem then they will take them off the market.
I took a bunch of those and had the same result.. almost identical looking as those and wasn't pregnant

I'm so sorry emtmomtwo :( No matter what the cause, it's heartbreaking.

If it was a chemical, you wouldn't start bleeding until hcg reached 0, so maybe it's too low to read on a digi, but not low enough to start bleeding? IDK, but either way, I'm really, really sorry.

I use those tests, and I've never seen anything on them... not a hint of a line. I was beginning to wonder if they even worked!

This is not a true statement. I had a chemical a few years back, my hpts were coming back + but the sticks at the dr office were all neg. I pushed and pushed, dr finally drew bloods, I was registering at 75 hcg. The next day I started bleeding, my hcg was at 40. I started bleeding well before my levels were at 0.

my evap wasn't as bad as yours but this was mine just 4 days ago. It's super faint but i was getting excited for nothing.

Attachments

• hpt1.jpg
    hpt1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 73
I'm so sorry emtmomtwo :( No matter what the cause, it's heartbreaking.

If it was a chemical, you wouldn't start bleeding until hcg reached 0, so maybe it's too low to read on a digi, but not low enough to start bleeding? IDK, but either way, I'm really, really sorry.

I use those tests, and I've never seen anything on them... not a hint of a line. I was beginning to wonder if they even worked!

This is not a true statement. I had a chemical a few years back, my hpts were coming back + but the sticks at the dr office were all neg. I pushed and pushed, dr finally drew bloods, I was registering at 75 hcg. The next day I started bleeding, my hcg was at 40. I started bleeding well before my levels were at 0.

You're right! In the past couple months (since that was posted) I have learned SO much about all of this. I SHOULD have said, in my case my hcg was 0 and then I Started to bleed. Of course, the levels will drop differently based on how far along the pregnancy is, and on the mom's body. Sorry about the confusion :)

Soo true! I had a couple last month, only one was a very slightly colored one. I just took one of the new Dollar General Baby tests and they look just like the walmart cheapies and guess what? Evap within the 3 minute time frame, not nearly as dark though. These tests really suck!

I found this post doing an internet search looking for others with the same problem- looks like I'm not alone!

Over the past few months I've probably taken a few dozen of these damn tests :cry: and I swear over half of them have either "shadows" or all-out FALSE POSITIVES- sometimes within the time frame, sometimes not! But I've been reading about others' experiences with them and a lot of people like them, so my new theory is: they must have really bad quality control or something during manufacturing, where only some of the tests are decent enough to actually be out on the market!

I am 11-12dpo and got 2 evaps/falsies within past 36 hours. They're faint, but there- in the right place and right width. IDK why I keep buying these dang things (oh yeah, a $ tree is over an hour away! and I'm too cheap to buy tons of expensive ones). Took a CB digi which was Neg.

Back in Sept I got the worst false positive of the bunch- it was a line that was fainter than control but DEFINITELY visible (DH saw it easily, even with sleepy morning eyes, I woke him up to show him)...showed in the time frame too. But beta was Neg later same day. I hadn't even ovulated! (I have pcos and was annovulatory till this first month on Femara)

SAVE YOUR .88 and don't buy these! Or if you do, take the results with a grain of salt- and back it up with something more credible! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->