Do people really pay attention to initials?

Kaila2635

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure exactly what we're having yet but we have our top name for each gender picked out and I fell in love with this little girl name but I'm scared to death people will make fun of her in the future but I'm not sure how serious stuff like that is... Anyway the name is love is Piper Monroe. And last name is Simmons. So initials come out to PMS. What are you ladies opinions On this?? Honest answers please :)

PMS is ok - my friend was PMC until she got married and now she is PMS :) I wouldn't be put off my PMS - some other initials yes but not PMS..

Piper Monroe is beautiful!

It's unfortunate her initials would be PMS, but I don't think it's THAT big of a deal...Just don't get her any backpacks with monograms :p

I dont think its an issue. I didnt even get what PMS stood for until around a year ago. Iv just never used that term for it. Haha. & plus children wont notice xx

I personally wouldn't as I hear a lot of PMS jokes... in fact someone made on my facebook feed just this morning lol

as a child it wont be an issue but as a teen/adult she might have a hard time with it, nothing more annoying than when your making a point and someone just by passes it with a cheap PMS joke

I probably wouldn't risk it, though at the same time I don't think full initials are looked at that often so I'd say do what feels right.

Having the first initial be P though is kinda neat because then their initials will sometimes be written as PS. :flower:

I doubt anyone would ever realise, its very rare you even use your initials and it certainly shouldnt put you off using a name you love. My friend's son is BICH and no one noticed - not even her! apart from me.

children at school would, 100% realise. But that's a risk you take with any name, pretty much anything can be turned into a joke if you think about it long enough

Piper Monroe is an adorable name - love it! I do think PMS would be not-so-great initials but at least kids wont know what it is :shrug: and adults wont tease her!! Plus once she gets married it will change!!! So maybe one day when she's like 30 and has a different surname, she can finally enjoy a nice pair of monogrammed earrings! :haha:

I would say - use it! Great name!!

I wouldn't worry so much about your chosen name as how many people actually know what a persons middle name is. When I was having lo I really loved Bethany but would make initials BO which I am sure children would notice so we said no to that.

I personally wouldn't think twice about it! It's a lovely name and who even thinks of initials. If I child wants to make fun of another I'm sure they will find a way regardless of initials.
I never think about initials when naming a child obviously it would be different if it was really awful. I say go for it x

I don't think people take much notice to be honest.
our little boy's initials are JCB. Purely by chance. The only name we could agree on was James Connor and with our surname beginning with a B making his initials JCB hubby loved it more. I'm more worried about my boys being bullied because of their surname rather then their initials.

Thanks ladies!!! We've decided we love the name too much to just throw it out because of initials that people probably won't even notice unless pointed out :)

My mom's initials are PMS, and it is awful. People have definitely noticed, and I've been laughed at and made fun of for it, so it hasn't only affected her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->