Do prenatal vitamins affect af symptoms?

jenners45

TTC #1
Reaction score
This is my first full cycle taking prenatal vitamins, I'm using seven seas trying for baby. I started halfway through my last cycle. I seem to be having extra symptoms this cycle but im wondering if this is just down to the vitamins. I'm 12dpo af due any time now and this morning i woke with terrible heart burn which I've never had before, i have a metallic taste in my mouth and my boobs have been more sore than usual right since ovulation but usually starts 5/6 dpo. Tested this morning but bfn. Anyone else experience this?

Funny you should say that. I've been taking the pregncare conception ones for the past 2 months & my past 2 periods have been really painful. Plus I've been really crampy this month during ovulation. I'm 14dpo and have sore boobs (first time ever) and I'm getting crampy again. Maybe it see the vitamins, will have to check out possible side effects leaflet.

yea same here and same symptoms. i only seem to have extra symptoms(particularly the ones u listed) when i take my prenatals but when i was pregnant with my daughter i wasnt taking prenatals and i had the same metallic taste at 5-6 dpo and got my bfp at 7 dpo. i had metal taste again but lately i have been alot so idk if its due to my prenatals or another pregnancy but we arent trying so ill be surprised if thats the culprit. im taking prenatals cuz i breastfeed.

I dont think prenatals cause symptoms but if you have produced a better quality egg from taking them, then a better egg = stronger corpus luteum which=higher progesterone in the 2ww ,higher progesterone causes more symptoms.

I've got really sore boobs today too, which is a first for me. They werent sore the last time I was pregnant or ever before during a period.

Prenatals can effect your hormones, usually in a good way if there was a deficiency. Maybe you're producing more progesterone now.. This can lengthen your leutal phase (good for implantation) and progesterone is also the cause of many pms/early pregnancy symptoms.

Thanks for the replies ladys, I did wonder if it was something to do with the vitamins increasing progesterone somehow, glad I'm not imagining it! Woke up this morning and boobs are completely NOT sore so thinking af will arrive today :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->