do u believe in god?

C

chelseav1213

This will probably get a lot of mixed answers and people may think I'm crazy..I have a reason behind this but I don't feel like sharing it on this forum.. I just wanted to know how many religious ladies are on this site?

I believe in something, maybe god maybe something else. I dont think this is the only life and that there's something there after x

I am sure some won't like my opinon but I dont. Losing our 3 angels to miscarriage, was just the most awful thing, the mostbheartbreaking thing ever that i still shed many tears over. The last loss was investigated and tested and our baby showed no abnormalities.

If there was a god why would he let such horrible things happen to nice people. Yet let people who take drugs, abuse their children etc... Have healthy pregnancy after healthy pregnancy.

I am sorry if this offends anyone but it is my opinion.

I was brought up by my parents to be a Christian and go to church every Sunday, something I still do every week.

My husband wasn't so much but has really gotten into it since we got married :)

I am sure some won't like my opinon but I dont. Losing our 3 angels to miscarriage, was just the most awful thing, the mostbheartbreaking thing ever that i still shed many tears over. The last loss was investigated and tested and our baby showed no abnormalities.

If there was a god why would he let such horrible things happen to nice people. Yet let people who take drugs, abuse their children etc... Have healthy pregnancy after healthy pregnancy.

God can help you live your life and make good decisions, but he cannot control things like you have experienced.

He can however, help you get through it if you let him in.

Do the ladies who do believe believe in mediums/ books like heaven is for real or think its all for money?

I don't really believe in mediums but I believe there is a heaven.

God can help you live your life and make good decisions, but he cannot control things like you have experienced.

I do not think you should push this with someone who has experienced trauma in life and doesn't feel that God should allow that. Who are YOU to say what God can and cannot help with? Realistically, all we have are text, there is no person here to whom God has spoken, so you have no idea HOW exactly it is that he can help her.

The poster asked a simple question. This thread is bound to be locked if a bunch of people try pushing God on others. (likely this thread will get locked anyhow.)

OP, I can't answer this too well other than to say that I do believe that there is a God, but what his role is in our lives, to what level one should worry about "devoting oneself" to him, etc, all seem debatable to me. Basically, I believe in God, but am not religious, if that makes sense. This comes from growing up Catholic, then converting to agnosticism, atheism, then to a more fundamental belief without religion.

Cheers,

Nope, I don't. I'm not sure where this is going either! :D

im not religious and dont believe in god. i respect other peoples beliefs as long as they dont try to force it onto others x

Have u heard of the show "long island medium" kinda makes me sick to think someone could play on peoples emotions like that! And "Heaven is for real" is a book about a little boy its crazy.. I do believe heaven is for real but I wonder about things like that- the author is a pastor and I cant believe people doing things to make money who are supposedly men of God.. I want to believe it but there are so.many sick and twisted people that who knows why someone would do certain things but they do :/

ps i can also see this thread ending up locked as soon as i saw it i thought uh oh :haha:

I do not think you should push this with someone who has experienced trauma in life and doesn't feel that God should allow that. Who are YOU to say what God can and cannot help with? Realistically, all we have are text, there is no person here to whom God has spoken, so you have no idea HOW exactly it is that he can help her.

The poster asked a simple question. This thread is bound to be locked if a bunch of people try pushing God on others. (likely this thread will get locked anyhow.)

OP, I can't answer this too well other than to say that I do believe that there is a God, but what his role is in our lives, to what level one should worry about "devoting oneself" to him, etc, all seem debatable to me. Basically, I believe in God, but am not religious, if that makes sense. This comes from growing up Catholic, then converting to agnosticism, atheism, then to a more fundamental belief without religion.

Cheers,
I have nothing against people who do not believe in God, but please don't belittle me because of it, I am simply stating what I believe.

Yes please don't try to push religion on anyone I just want peoples opinions on certain things but I wanted to get a glimpse of peoples beliefs before I got their opinions on these situations..if that makes sense?

I grew up going to Church every Sunday and bible school on Thursday nights. Once I became a teenager I lost sight of religion and went through a "there is no god" phase. I started believing again shortly after graduating high school but never went back to church. When my mom passed I really thought I would be turning to religion for guidance and support, but that didn't happen. I went to church a couple of times but it didn't help me. I still do believe in God but I'm a bit confused at this point in my life.

I really do hope that there is a Heaven though. My mom really believed in Heaven and when the end was imminent she found a lot of comfort in knowing where she was going and that she would see her mom and all the people she loved that had passed. I would hate to think that she and my friends who have passed away are just worm food, I really hope there is something after that is bigger than this life and that I can see everyone I love again one day.

Didn't think about the thread getting locked! That's okay I completely understand!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->