• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

do u believe in god?

I do, but I don't follow him. I'm a polytheist in belief, but I only follow one deity, and her name is Inanna.

I love theology, though, so I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes.

When everyone refers to "god" - which god are you talking about exactly? There are almost a thousand!
I don't believe in "god" - there is as much evidence of it's existence as there is of the tooth fairy existing.
I do however appreciate that the thought of something like a god existing can bring comfort.

I'm not going to give my full opinion i'll just say that no i don't believe in God x

To those who do believe do u think church is really necessary?

I dunno, but if he's out there i don't like him very much! ( i have my reasons)

I do however believe in humanity!

In the bible days he spoke to people, he sent bad things to bad people, he looked out for the good, now a days, well if people where his children he gave them there first bottle and then done a runner, sorta like a dead beat dad! help out in the first few years then no where to be found for the later stages!

thats my opinion, im not saying im right nor do i wish to annoy anyone, Everyone has there own views and I respect that

I do go to a church run cafe and speak to the member there, I have seen how the churches can provide comfort to people, older and younger people mix there and no matter your views everyone is welcome, its good to see people can still pull together and be there for others

I believe in something, you wanna call it god or something.. and i hope to find out some day... I have faith...

A lot of horrible things have happen to me too, A lot of things i try not to blame it on anything else.. i just try and think that i wont be giving anything i cant handle and trust me i've been through my fair share of up's and down's!

But there's gotta' be something else out there... i hope i can see my loved one's and all my fur babies who passed along in life some day! :D

I 1000000% believe in God.... Not sure how anyone could go through life not knowing what there purpose in life is, how that you just die and then go no where.... Your life would be pointless... How miracles happen everyday.... How a baby comes from one egg and one sperm...

Tell you the truth it makes me sad when people don't believe....

I 1000000% believe in God.... Not sure how anyone could go through life not knowing what there purpose in life is, how that you just die and then go no where.... Your life would be pointless... How miracles happen everyday.... How a baby comes from one egg and one sperm...

Summed my feelings up completely.

I don't believe in 'god'?....

And I feel happy and fulfilled with life.... Just my beliefs lie with science rather than a figure/object that has no proof of existence.

I don't believe in god & I know my purpose in life. I'm very happy enjoying my life, having fun and spending it with people who want to spend theirs with me.
I don't need anyone feeling sad for me, I don't feel sad for you that you want to believe in something more than what you have on Earth.
Just live & let live, please don't feel sad for me... I'm fine :thumbup:
xx

Not believing in God isn't the same as not knowing your purpose. I think life is amazing and beautiful, I've created a child who I hope sees it the same, but I don't believe in God. My purpose (I believe) is to make the most of my time here, to make other people's lives better in the process, to love my children and raise them to be thoughtful, intelligent, and capable of making choices that will in turn allow them to find their OWN purpose in life.

It makes me sad that you think life without God is pointless. But perhaps I just don't understand religion as such.

I also have strong scientific beliefs, especially when it comes to finding beauty in the random and chaotic. I don't necessarily believed everything is planned.

However, that being said, I think I do believe in some kind of God. For me it is almost 'the universe as God' - God is everywhere and in everything the same as we, and everything in the universe, are made from the same particles of energy.

I didn't think I had any religious beliefs until my miscarriage. Then I became very angry at God which was enlightening because if I could be 'angry' at God then I would have to believe in some kind of God in the first place! My beliefs have certainly strengthened this year and I am enjoying my new found spirituality.

I was raised as a protestant my whole life, went to church etc. I have always believed in ''something'' until I was 21. Something happened which changed my whole life in such a way that it will never be the same and resulted in a loved one passing away. I believe now whole-heartedly in God and the afterlife and I know that without that belief, I could not get through the day. I totally respect other people's beliefs or lack of, because in 10 years time when I am emotionally in a better place that may be how I feel xx

I do believe in a higher power.

Alot of religion i believe was created just to keep people in order. Or there would be more chaos in the world then there already is.

I know what i believe, and don't even talk about it to anyone. Most that know me prolly think i'm atheist. Dh believes alot of what i do. I do know when we fell on hard times, we prayed and things worked out. However things in life have happened, especially recently with my sisters death that make me question my beliefs, although be ause she took her life, well.. I can't blame religion for taking her.

I do believe church is where sinners go, as most times.. And ok, maybe not all... but someone will just go to repent "sins" to just come back again asking for forgiveness for more sins! If church really helped, they wouldn't do that stuff in the first place.

Anyways, the thread is going pretty peaceful so far, i think the concept of religion is interesting and like hearing others thoughts on this question.

I'm going to echo some others here and say that life is by no means pointless just because someone doesn’t believe in a god / gods. I don’t believe I am here for any reason, but I still feel very lucky to be here; from a scientific point of view, out of one egg and billions and billions of sperm, the combination that produced me happened and I’m going to make the most out of my life. I create the purpose of my life and it is not pointless! You can feel that it’s sad (which seems a bit judgmental) but I’m happy with my life and don’t need the concept of a higher power or an afterlife to give my life meaning.

I respect other people’s beliefs and would never push a lack of faith on others, and I expect to have my lack of faith respected as well.

**still wondering whether this thread will be locked** :haha:

I don't believe in a God per say, i agree that we make our own purpose in life. I think it's a shame if you focus on something in the distance ( an afterlife) in stead of enjoying what you have now, it would be a shame if you were wasting your time. Anything that encourages a person to do good can't be all bad in my opinion. :)

I do, Im a Muslim.

Maybe you should have a poll..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"