Do u go that extra mile....?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Something that happened to me yesterday made me think:

Does anybody go that lil extra out of their way to help anybody these days? Do you go above and beyond the call of duty at work, or do you go that extra mile to help someone out?

Or are you one of those people that think its the end of the world, or are really put out, if theyre asked to do something extra....

:muaha:

For me it entirely depends on someones attitude ... work wise, be polite, considerate and dont talk to me like crap and i will go out of my way to help you and make your life easy. Speak to me like crap, give me attitude or be demanding and i will do as little as i can to help you.

I dont mind doing that "extra" something for someone if i feel its justified.

For me it entirely depends on someones attitude ... work wise, be polite, considerate and dont talk to me like crap and i will go out of my way to help you and make your life easy. Speak to me like crap, give me attitude or be demanding and i will do as little as i can to help you.

Thats a good answr PP. Im always polite, but it doesnt always get you anywhere! :hissy: :blush:

couldnt of said that better myself!! thats my opinion too!!
i do find sometimes though people can take advantage of your good nature when you help them and tend you relay on you time and time again!! if you get what i mean??

For my friends I'd do anything (within reason).

Last night I was digging a grave for my friends cat :cry: Its was 7pm and freezing but I knew she couldnt do it.

I will go the extra mile for people that deserve it.. basically the same as PP said. if someone is nice and kind to me, then i would help them out, but if someone is snotty and rude, i'm definitely not going to waste my time helping them!!

I like to do my bit especially for the elderly..helping them reach things in tesco, or carrying a bag for them, or like if I'm driving along the road adn theres a lil old lady waiting to cross, I'll always stop and wave them over.. little things like that. and most of them are really grateful for it and stop in the middle of the road to hobble around in a circle to smile and wave at you :rofl: But what really annoys me about doing things like that is the way some of them look around at me with a big look of disapproval on thier face, just because I'm young and I'm sat in a brightly coloured car with mahoosive wheels a big loud engine and a bumpers to the floor! I'm sure half of them think im only helping them to try and mug them or something!

seems ur all good kind friendly people!

i bet the horrid people darent post!! :rofl:

I do aswell , there was this woman who was holding a newborn and a toddler in her hand with a load of paperwork ect too.
She dropped it all and i quickly ran to help her. No thanks or anything.
It really pisses me off when i help someone and they dont say thank you.
so know i rarely help anyone ( that i dont know ) as so many times i get looks!
God knows why.

But with my friends , i would do anything !

I help people who deserve it. I went shopping with my Mum last week. An old woman was struggling with some things she was taking to the checkout, my mum, who is wheelchair bound, took some of the things for her to help and she flat out said 'get off, get off' and proceeded to shove her things on the counter and dropping half of it. Some people are so bloody ungrateful

I always go out of my way to help people who need it, i was in the hospital the other day and a woman came in with a little girl who was really shaken up and was bleeding (down below) and she was stood on this wheelchair as she couldnt walk...anyway the woman on reception told this woman she had to go to the other side of the hospital so i offered to help her because she was struggling to keep this little girl balanced whilst pushing the wheelchair. I dont like helping people who dont appreciate it though

I will go out of my way to help out a friend pretty much anytime. That is just who I am, but sometimes it is like I am being taken for granted. I am the type of person who is overly courteous and over apologetic and sometimes it gets me walked over. I do get annoyed if people dont say thank you or are rude. For instance, the other day, we were moving into a new place, and as I was moving the last few boxes out, I was struggling to get the building door open with some very heavy and awkward boxes, while some lady on the other side of the door was waiting for me to open the door so she could enter the building. Anyway, when I got the door open, she grabbed the door from me, nearly making me lose my boxes, and then rudely said, uh your welcome! this down right pissed me off! i opened the door for her and she nearly made me drop my boxes by grabbing the door out of my hands and i was supposed to say thank you! i was so hot headed after that!

I always try and give a little extra help. At work especially. I find that if I go the extra mile with a stroppy or snotty patient, you get a better response!!! I learnt a long time ago that it is generally these people that are the most scared and nervous and a little extra help can go a long way to make them feel more comfortable.
I don't class it as going alittle further with friends though - thats what we're here for!!!

i am a door mat and will do anything within my power to help anyone who needs it!

I often find myself considering giving something up that is valuable to me which I need, just because someone else needs it - regardless if i need it more!! i need to slap myself often.

I fail to understand why people wont do anything for me:(

i am a door mat and will do anything within my power to help anyone who needs it!

I often find myself considering giving something up that is valuable to me which I need, just because someone else needs it - regardless if i need it more!! i need to slap myself often.

I fail to understand why people wont do anything for me:([/QUO i am the same way: willing to give up something i need just to help out someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->