Do you believe in gut feeling?

Discussion in 'Gender Disappointment' started by CB33, Oct 19, 2017.

1. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

As the title says, do you think your gut feeling about the gender of the baby is right?
    I can't help but think I'm having a girl but I don't know if it's just because I really want one? My two boy pregnancies were different to this one but again I don't know if I'm just imagining it! Agh, one week until gender scan! :dohh:

2. jtink28

jtink28 Mama

I don't, no. I think it's a 50/50 chance, so there's a 50% chance your "gut feeling" is correct, which is a huge chance.

I was positive my first was a boy. He was. I was positive my 2nd was a girl. He was a boy! (who I love dearly and wouldn't trade for anything)

I hope you get what you want!

3. george83

george83 Well-Known Member

Yes I do, with ds1 and ds3 I ‘knew’ I was having boys, nothing would convince me otherwise and even subconsciously I referred to my bump as ‘he’ even though we were always team yellow. Both times they ended up being boys. With ds2 I didn’t have that same feeling at all, my pregnancy was a bit different and I honestly didn’t know what it would be

4. WackyMumof2

WackyMumof2 Well-Known Member

I depends. My mother knew what me and my 3 siblings were (even the baby she lost at 4 months before me). My gut told me my first was a boy. I put too much emotion into DS2 being a girl because my MIL and her so-called 'physic' vision told me so. My gut told me DS3 was a boy probably because I didn't want to experience GD again and as much as we HOPE for a little girl this time, gut feeling tells me our last baby is another boy. My mother always said to me that what you hope and what your gut tells you deep down are 2 different things. They heart can rule the head, a gut feeling is usually right.

5. Koifish

Koifish Well-Known Member

I do, my gut instinct hasn’t steered me wrong yet. My twins as much as I wanted to be girls I knew deep down they were going to be boys and they were (and honestly I couldn’t be happier there boys I’d not change it for the world). This time I had a gut feeling it was a girl, convinced myself it was another boy ( I like being a boy mom) but my gut was correct it’s a girl. Typically I think the gut is correct regardless of what you really want or what you convince yourself it is. I think it’s a matter of distinguishing your gut feeling from what your telling yourself or convincing yourself of.

6. storm4mozza

storm4mozza Rowan, Sofia-Anne & no #3

I knew my son was a boy and I knew my Daughter was a boy to.. as you can see I got the second time wrong, I loved her and was not disappointed but the shock stopped me bonding with her until she was 2 years old.. my DH is convinced I am having another girl because I am craving orange squash as I did with our last girl, but I disagree ... I think every pregnancy is different and I will have to wait and see

7. Unexpected212

Unexpected212 Well-Known Member

Nope I'm always wrong. I was sure my first was a girl, it was a boy, I thought my second was a boy...she is a girl and my third I thought was a girl...he's a boy XD My gut feeling is awful

8. PrettyInInk42

PrettyInInk42 Mother of 2

I was almost totally sure I was having a girl, so much so that I started buying girl clothes. But, at my 20 week scan, I was told I was having a boy.

In '85, my Baby Daddy's mom only had one little ultrasound, so they couldn't tell her what she was having. She felt like it was gonna be a girl, so imagine her surprise when she woke up after her emergency c-section to find out she had a boy. lol

9. twinkie2

twinkie2 Mom of 2 Girls

When is your ultrasound?! I've been wondering the same and I'm in the exact opposite situation! I have 2 girls and this go around I feel like it's a boy but I feel like that is just because I want it to be a boy so badly. I feel like all 3 of my pregnancies to this same point have been different, but more so this one than the first two. Good luck to you, I truly hope you get your little girl (they are so wonderful!)

10. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

I have a gender scan on Friday, can't wait. If it's another boy then I'll quickly get over it as my boys are adorable and they would love a little brother. My husband also truly doesn't mind what we have.
    Hoping you get your little boy. I'll let you know on Friday what our little bean turns out to be! X

11. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

Good luck with your scan :)

12. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. Was a few days behind the 16 weeks so they want me back to absolutely confirm but ultrasound tech said she was confident enough to say girl :cloud9: she kept coming back to the 3 lines! So happy. Hoping it doesn't change in the next week, lol! x

13. Bevziibubble

Yay Congratulations! :)

14. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

Aw thank you. So very happy :flower:

15. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

Ps, your guesses are nearly always accurate!!

16. Bevziibubble

17. twinkie2

twinkie2 Mom of 2 Girls

Yay!! I was thinking of you all weekend hoping you'd get your outcome!! Fx'd for those 3 lines to stay ;) When do you go back? (so happy for you!)

18. CB33

CB33 Well-Known Member

Aww thank you :flower: I've to go back on Saturday. So excited! Will let you know for sure x

19. twinkie2

twinkie2 Mom of 2 Girls

Can't wait! I'll think pink!

20. WackyMumof2

WackyMumof2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :)