Do you buy for your pets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mum21boy1girl

Reaction score
If so what do you plan on getting them??
We have 1 dog, and usually we get her a plastic christmas stocking that they sell at the shops with stuff already in it, i think this year we will get her her own proper stocking, and fill it with things i know she loves like soft toys, bones etc and might get her a pet rug, as she loves to snuggle in the kids blankets :)

Yes! Too much, this is the first year we have had Albert (our cat) so it is our first Christmas with him and possibly his first Christmas with a family. We adopted him from Cat's Protection and although I am sure his foster mum did something nice for the cats well he was there he was a stray before so it is probably quite new to him. He is approximately four years old and had never seen a vet before so a lot of his history is unknown.

I have gotten him

Dreamies selection box
Yeowww catnip banana (super strong cat nip)
Yeowww catnip apple
A Christmassy feather teaser toy
Pack of toy mice
Pack of cat nip toys shaped like presents
A set of tinsel cat balls
A box of Purina Petit Gourmet

Still to get

A pack of Felix cat treats
A Yeowww stinky (a catnip fish)

He will be pleased, I am excited to introduce him to the concept of Christmas.

I am also buying for my Mum's cat, he is having a Felix selection box and a Yeowww cigar.

I love that you do your dog a Christmas stocking, that is so cute. You will have to take a picture of her waiting for Father Christmas.

We have cats and last year got them a dreamies (cat treats) advent calendar - my lo loved opening it for them so much last year I will get it again if I see one.

When we lived with MIL we all had a dog - when we moved out over 2 years ago she kept him for company. Anyways one year i got him this chewy edible toy... he was so excited he scoffed the whole thing then promptly threw up all over the floor :/

Yes! I buy for our five dogs, my mums two and my MIls two. Plus all the horses

About five years ago we were on a big livery yard and I bought Christmas stockings and glitter glued the names of all 44 horses on to each one. I waited until all the liveries had gone on Christmas Eve and hung a stocking with carrots and polos outside each stable, needless to say it went down well lol:cloud9:

Yes! I buy for our five dogs, my mums two and my MIls two. Plus all the horses

About five years ago we were on a big livery yard and I bought Christmas stockings and glitter glued the names of all 44 horses on to each one. I waited until all the liveries had gone on Christmas Eve and hung a stocking with carrots and polos outside each stable, needless to say it went down well lol:cloud9:

omg thats amazing! I would have been sooo impressed

I did before having Keelan :rofl: might get Jimmy the cat some treats or one of those advent calendars because Keelan loves feeding him treats!

It was quite magical seeing everyone coming up and no one knew where they had come from. It took weeks to sort and needless to say I did not do it again, I never let on for ages who did it, no one had a clue. I bought the red and white felt stockings in bulk from eBay and if I remember we used 5 sacks of carrots and lots of packets of polos think I put two packs in each,

Was lovely the next year when a lot of the stockings came back out as people had kept them. We are no longer on that yard, I wonder if any of them are still being used.

Kwood and Incubus- I didn't realize they did advent calenders for pet, might have to look into that this yr!!

Wriggley- yuck, i can imagine you being out off doing that again lol

Lilicat- that sounds like a nice list or pressies, i think he will be pleased with all that, and your mums cat :) My dog is a rescue too, we have had her 2 yrs now, and i dont think she had a good life as she is pretty scared of other people, she definitely loves her treats though, and last yr she loved her stocking!! :)

We do buy for our two cats but not a lot of things. They each get one packet of treats and one new toy in their very own stocking (from Santa of course).

We normally get some 'nicer' cat food. This year we are thinking of getting the cat a bed as he seems taken with DD2's bouncy chair.

Yes we get our doggy a little stocking a ore made one from the shops x

We normally get some 'nicer' cat food. This year we are thinking of getting the cat a bed as he seems taken with DD2's bouncy chair.

This pet has been popular not only with my own cat but our neighbour's cats who visit. I often find them curled up in there.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/cat_dens/cat_baskets/13605

It doubles as a cat carrier but we just leave the door open. In general though cat's always love to sleep where they are not supposed to so it wont keep him out of the bouncy chair.

I think I am getting a new scratching post for my cats and I'm getting a raw hide bone for my puppy

I used to when we had two cats but as we only have one now I'm not sure. She is very difficult to buy for! She only eats biscuits not wet food so I can't get her anything special. She doesn't really like treats. She already has plenty of toys and most of the time she is happiest snuggled up on our laps!

I have a little house rabbit and we go a bit mad for him but he's my baby :blush:

He has the advent calendar from Pets at Home, a chocolate santa and a selection box for bunnies. I also do him a stocking filled with various treats and a salt block. He normally has a new water bottle or food bowl or something as well which is all wrapped and under the tree for him. I wrap him a bad a sprouts as well which are his favourite vegetable. Ok, I'm a tad crazy :haha:

Pets at home also do decorations for their cages so I get him a new selection each year and decorate his cage for him.

I always get a pre done stocking for our cat. Thinking of getting him a bed but tbh I don't know if he'll use it

I have two dogs and they usually get 2 pressies each. Some sort of edible treat and a toy (which will last about 2 mins before they chew them to pieces! :dohh: ) I usually end up wrapping them up too, cos they seem to like ripping the paper open. They usually get some of the xmas dinner for their dinner too.

Yes. Since last Christmas we've sadly lost our gecko and bearded dragon so just the 2 cats now. We buy them a tin of posh cat food so they have their own 'Christmas Dinner' and maybe one of those cat stockings between them, or a new toy or something. We also had a cat that we bought when we were living at MILs and when we moved she kept him, and we will get him a little something too. Just a bag of cat treats or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"