Do you ever doubt whether OH's ready?

I have often thought about this and always think that hubby will just fall into the roll of dad and be the best dad ever (and enjoy it). Even now I still think that but he is so stubborn that he will never ever admit to ever wanting a baby. He has told me we need to wait another year and the wedding is keeping my mind off of it.. but I can't help thinking he will never turn around and actually say "yes. let's start ttc" So I'm gonna be WTT forever :(

I would never trick him into having a baby but is it wrong to secretly wish that I am one of the 0.01% that fall pregnant on birth control?

:rofl: No no at all! i secretly hope that im one of the 0.01% that the comdom breaks for.

:rofl: :rofl: :rolf: and me!!!

DH is kinda struggling with the idea tbh. He really wants kids there is no doubt about that but he is one of those people that like to think for years on things, and plan it out to the minute detail. We are going to ttc within the next 2 mths but he still has moments of panic. He realizes that there is no perfect time so thats why we said we would go for it now. We have a beautiful house and good jobs.
I think for him its that he is used to it just being us for the longest time (8yrs). We never did anything we didn't really feel like doing. So I think the change is what he fears most. But I know the moment we conceive he will be over the moon!

I have often thought about this and always think that hubby will just fall into the roll of dad and be the best dad ever (and enjoy it). Even now I still think that but he is so stubborn that he will never ever admit to ever wanting a baby. He has told me we need to wait another year and the wedding is keeping my mind off of it.. but I can't help thinking he will never turn around and actually say "yes. let's start ttc" So I'm gonna be WTT forever :(

I would never trick him into having a baby but is it wrong to secretly wish that I am one of the 0.01% that fall pregnant on birth control?

:rofl: No no at all! i secretly hope that im one of the 0.01% that the comdom breaks for.

I think we all do :rofl:

DH is ready!

The original thought was that we wouldn't think about kids until I turned 30 (which is in four years :wacko: ), then we went to his cousin's baby's Christianing (the first baby in the family) and he just decided that we should start sooner! :happydance:

The other night he was reading through my copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that has been on my nightstand and I asked him if he was afraid or nervous about starting. He looked at me and said "no, not at all. In fact, I'm really excited."

He's already claimed that he's going to start teaching the baby piano "the day he/she comes back from the hospital" and that he wants to read to the bump every night during the pregnancy.

He's going to make a great dad. I have no doubts whatsoever. :smug:

DH is ready!

The original thought was that we wouldn't think about kids until I turned 30 (which is in four years :wacko: ), then we went to his cousin's baby's Christianing (the first baby in the family) and he just decided that we should start sooner! :happydance:

The other night he was reading through my copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that has been on my nightstand and I asked him if he was afraid or nervous about starting. He looked at me and said "no, not at all. In fact, I'm really excited."

He's already claimed that he's going to start teaching the baby piano "the day he/she comes back from the hospital" and that he wants to read to the bump every night during the pregnancy.

I hope you know how bloody lucky you are!!! That's EXACTLY the place I want to be. I still hope we'll (he'll) get there one day. I have my doubts sometimes but I do still hope. :shrug:

DH is ready!

I hope you know how bloody lucky you are!!! That's EXACTLY the place I want to be. I still hope we'll (he'll) get there one day. I have my doubts sometimes but I do still hope. :shrug:

I know...he's very supportive and he's always wanted children. It's nice to know that he has my back (so to speak) 100%. I'm spoiled and very lucky :winkwink:

I have no doubts that my OH is ready. But there's a difference between us being ready & having the resources to provide a LO with everything it could ever need/want and more.

I'm on a two year college course & (hopefully!) going to uni at the end of it while being stuck in a shitty part-time job & OH doesn't really like his job either and is hopefully going back to college next year.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->