Do you ever feel content?

catty

Reaction score
I really annoy myself because I am constantly planning things or wanting to do things, always looking into the future.
We moved into a rented flat, we'd been there 3 months and I was on the lookout for one to buy.
We bought a flat and a few weeks later I decided I really really wanted a baby. We had a baby and a few weeks later I really needed another baby.
Now my baby is 6 weeks old and I have been feeling soooooo content like everything is perfect in a happy little bubble.
Now iv decided we need a house and want a holiday ahhh help me!!

Human condition hun - I'm like this too but I've had to curb my instincts a bit (as much as I can which isn't always enough lol) as we've been living on restricted means for 4 years now. In that time we've had 2 babies and I'm now broody again despite the fact we've got 3 under 5s! We have been planning on moving house for the past 4 years too and now it's less than a year away I'm so excited that it's finally happening. I'm constantly chopping and changing my career path and trying to figure out what I'm going to re-train as once the kids are in school in 3 years time. I think it's natural to want to better your circumstances, I've just tried to focus on small things rather than big things otherwise the disappointment can overtake the excitement.

I'm exactly the same hun, always trying to find something to plan for. I even said to my DH the other day that I was sad we'd already done the wedding and had kids! Sometimes I wish I could go back to my early twenties and experience it all again, I wouldn't change anything about it though, I just want to do all of it over and over again!

I'm like this. I hate feeling complacent so having a goal to work towards is something I like, I guess you could say that's when I'm content.

Yes. Well, when im not worried about super virus LOL but seriously I hate plans and organisations I love just drifting and I feel content at home. I make sure I go to beach ir forest every other eve and feel close to nature. It makes me just feel happy x

Yes. Well, when im not worried about super virus LOL but seriously I hate plans and organisations I love just drifting and I feel content at home. I make sure I go to beach ir forest every other eve and feel close to nature. It makes me just feel happy x

:haha:

Yep.. I'm always planning.

Had LO and put our 3 bed house up for sale, as I wanted a 4 bed (why!?), we moved when LO was 4 months old, the house needed a lot of work doing so we have spent most evening and weekends doing stuff and we have only just finished the last room. Then booked our wedding with 16 weeks notice so was busy planning that and got married when LO was 8 months old, booked a holiday and went to Ibiza a couple of weeks ago, we have now booked another holiday so go to Minorca in 5 weeks! We are also going to be ttc later this year so I'm started to plan for that (tracking cycles, taking prenatal vitamins).

I do often wonder what I'm going to do when I've got nothing left to plan!

I'm weird, I only feel content if I'm always planning, setting myself goals and pushing myself. Even if it's just little things.

My sister always has a plan. Wedding/christenings/party/DIY. Ugh I cba lol and that does not mean we are boring lol we always do loads of spontaneous stuff!

Yes I feel content most of the time. I am quite easily pleased though and as long as my family are healthy and happy and we have security I am happy. I do like to plan things like holidays and I love planning Christmas/birthdays as it is nice to have something to look forward to, but I am content with life as it is :)

Nope, always something needing done here!

I'm always planning for something, my husband says I over plan sometimes. For example if we are going on a holiday, I will research the hotel so much to make sure I get the best price, I forget where I saw it the cheapest.:dohh: thank god for screenshot.

No but I guess my life has always been working towards something anyway so there is always something to be striving for: Obviously was in school, then sixth form, then university, then had LO, then got married, work, more uni, holidays etc. etc. I've never in my life been at a standstill. That said I think I am at my most content right now, as I have accepted that I don't need a picture book life and actually I'm happy being a student and mummy and shouldn't feel below par. I am absolutely desperate to get our new place and start TTC though, it's really hard waiting now I know it's really going to happen.

I feel in the minority! I dont know what im doing later let alone in 6mth time.

I feel adrift without a goal, not so much that i don't feel content i just like to have something i'm working towards. Right now it's saving for a house which is probably going to keep me busy for a while longer!

My sister always has a plan. Wedding/christenings/party/DIY. Ugh I cba lol and that does not mean we are boring lol we always do loads of spontaneous stuff!

I'm the same! I cba to plan! We decide what to do on the day (or at a push, the day before!).

Currently in the middle of packing for holiday...been doing it on & off for a couple of day....should probably plan this a bit better as I will bound to forget something.

I booked my Wedding and had 6 weeks to sort it out....mainly because I could not arsed waiting and planning for months/years. Booked it, everything was sorted in 2 weeks so had 4 weeks to chill before the wedding!

Never content. If I start to feel even a little bit relaxed I find my brain will suddenly find something to worry about :dohh: I always feel like I am missing something (another baby/cat/holiday), stuff which is too hard to achieve right now, which is annoying.

Hardly ever, then my OH moans at me saying I'm forever wanting more. Then asks me why can't I just be happy with what I have.

Im forever being told off for this by DH. Im always talking about the next thing and making plans. He always says why cant just you just be happy with what we're doing now? I have been guilty of being on a lovely holiday and talking about where the next holiday is going to be, which didn't go down well at all! Even I knew that was pushing things a bit and had to zip it. I just always feel anxious about whats next, need to chill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->