Do you ever wonder; what should I do first?

toffee87

Reaction score
Argh!

So many things and it feels like so little time...

I know I'm only young, but I want to be a fairly young mum.

We're doing our first big thing this weekend, we're moving in together :D

I want to do teacher training (1 year course) in Sep 2010. Which means I won't finish until June 2011, meaning I won't start my first job until Sep 2011. I also want to get married and go to Florida! I don't know where to fit it all in. Florida will be expensive, I don't want to be restricted on what I can do (pregnant) or have to cater to a tiny baby. Obviously a wedding is expensive, but I can be pregnant and still have a good day.

The dilemma is, my to be in laws want to go to Florida when my to be FIL is retired (early retirement with the police), but that won't be for atleast 3 years (I'll be 25).

Arghhhhhhh!

I know how it is in a way.. I was sort of thrust into all of this when I got pregnant.. I had no plans or desire to get married anytime soon. Now I have a baby and I want our own place and I wish we were at least engaged and I want a wedding and a vacation.. and of course I still have to sort out school. I know I have the rest of my life to worry about things but in a way I wish I could skip the "waiting for things to happen" phases of my life and get onto when my life feels "started" IYKWIM.. I'm tired of waiting :(

I definitely know how you feel! It's tough to fight your biological instinct because of things that need to be accomplished first, slowly but surely. If I were you I wouldn't sweat the Florida thing other than to try to make sure you aren't VERY pregnant at that time (heat + pregnancy = bad from what I've heard!). Compared to school and getting a job, that seems like a pretty minor detail... and it might actually be nice to travel with the baby, especially if you're on maternity leave or something like that.

I hope everything works out for you! :)

Yep I do indeed, so we took a deep breath, stopped taking the pill and decided to let things work themselves out!

We live together, we are stable and who knows what will happen. We will get married, just a case of if we fit it in before, during, or after a LO. We figured being young, healthy and able to enjoy our babies was more important to us than saving thousands and thousands for a wedding that wasn't really us anyway. Now we are planning a perfect day for us, small and intimate in our favourite place and it just might include our baby.....how can that be bad?!

I hope it works out just how you want it to hun xxx

I know EXACTLY what you mean hun. I so so want a baby but there always seems to be another potential reason to wait... I mean, people just have kids don't they?! Why do we overanalyse everything?!

Congrats on moving in with OH!!!!! Awesome!
Been married for 3 years now and finally got most of the things we wanted to do out of the way!! :lol:
Still lots of things to do, just would be nice to share it with a baby now! lol
Good luck hun!

I know that feeling - we both want babies but so many decisions yet to be made about when....I dont think men understand how much thinking us girls have to do! xxx

oh i no this feeling so well! me and my OH have lived together for quite a few years now, and have been engaged for over 2! we have our beautiful daughter, but we would love another one! but we have to wait as we are getting married in florida and don't want to travel either pregnant or with a new born! and we need to sell our flat and buy something bigger! its tough waiting and i hate it sometimes! but at the same time i'm loving time with my baby and my OH, i don't want to wish my life away! :dohh:

I know this dilemma! Me and h2b are getting married in July 2010 and we're both at uni at the moment (just finished our first year, so at least another 2 years to go). We've always wanted to do the 'right' thing and get married first, so that's going ahead. We also wanted to have a few years of married life just the two of us.

So after we both finish uni and I qualify as a nurse and he decides what to do (he might want to do a PGCE to become an English teacher), we will have been married for a year and we'll both be 26. In the meantime, we want to buy a house - we're currently renting a flat together.

And I have set myself a personal goal to be a mother to at least one person by the time I'm 30!

So our plan is something like this:
* Get married July 2010
* Finish uni July 2011
* Get jobs after that (and possibly in his case, start 1 year PGCE at uni)
* Spend a few years together, go on holidays etc etc. Enjoy married life before kids!
* Start a family
* I become 30 in 2015

I hope we can fit all this in!! :p :p

Hi hun, I know how you feel. Although I say to myself that if hubby agreed to ttc right now I'd be excited but there is still soooo much I want to do. I want it all!

Yep. OH would rather be married before kids but if we do that we wil be waiting years unless my dad puts his hands in his pocket.

I know that feeling - we both want babies but so many decisions yet to be made about when....I dont think men understand how much thinking us girls have to do! xxx

I agree with you whole heartedly here. I don't think OH understands just how strongly I feel about trying.

What we need is a real freaky friday :haha:

I agree with you whole heartedly here. I don't think OH understands just how strongly I feel about trying.

What we need is a real freaky friday :haha:

I second this! Let them feel the broodyness and what its like on the first day of af.

i completely know how you feel. My mom is the one that's "not ready to be a Grandma". I finally told her that it's not her decision and we'll have a baby when we're ready, not when she is.

I know I'm an old bird compared to you (33), but I'd really advise living a bit before having a LO. Honestly, it's so good to get to the point where you have your career and other plans/ dreams etc realised.
If you are going to do teacher training, I would get it done now, the advantages will be you can be established in a career which will then pay you maternity pay, have flexible working when you have LO, pension etc which is all good for the future.
Go to Florida, have a great time. You have loads of time to have a LO or 2! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->