Do you find something wrong with every name?

mommy2be412

Reaction score
This is my first and there are a lot of names that I like but after I think of that name for a while, there's just something I find I don't like about it. It either reminds me of someone, something, etc and I want my daughter to have a name thats just her's. (Meaning I don't want name associations to people I personally know). I feel like if its the name she should have, I wouldn't question it and so far I've questioned all the names I like. Does anyone else feel that way?

This is my first and there are a lot of names that I like but after I think of that name for a while, there's just something I find I don't like about it. It either reminds me of someone, something, etc and I want my daughter to have a name thats just her's. (Meaning I don't want name associations to people I personally know). I feel like if its the name she should have, I wouldn't question it and so far I've questioned all the names I like. Does anyone else feel that way?

chances are unless you completely make up a name then it will remind you of someone or something

maybe forget trying to find a name that doesn't remind you of anything and instead focusing on a one that reminds you of good things like a loved family member, favorite character, celebrity you had your first teenage crush on, best friend, hero or idol etc....

I am the same way - that's why I like more unique/made-up names :)

I wrote down a lot of names that I liked early in my pregnancy, then I went back to the list a couple of weeks before my due date. There were a lot of names then that I was convinced that I was drunk when I wrote them down because they were awful. Narrowed it down a lot though! We decided on a name that my oh chose and that I would never have used in a million years, but its perfect now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't agree with names always reminding you of something unless its made up though, our daughter has an unusual name (not way out there or anything and not made up) but because its not popular or used often it doesn't remind me of anyone or anything but her

Xx

omg i'm the same.. i can't pick any name!!!! its like i can't commit to a name, its so frustrating!

Yes! It's hard to find a name with no connection to somebody else.

Yes, im terrible for this, especially working in a nursery lol

i'm the same, choosing a name has been difficult as ive worked in a nursery for 7 years so there is many boys names i here that i link with a child i've looked after and didn't like lol

Yes! We are team yellow and have had our boys name set ( the one we chose from first pregnancy when we had a girl.. We still love that boys name) so that was easy. But we can NOT agree on a girls name. My husband likes all the really popular and common ones like Sophia, Emma, Isabella, etc. I think those are all nice and pretty, just not the ONE for our baby, if it happens to be a girl. I am the opposite and I like unique names, ones that I've not heard anyone named before. The name I like is Jayla, to go with my daughters name of Jessalyn.
My husband and I have made short lists of names we like, but every name besides jayla I find a reason why I don't actually want to name our baby that name. I'm so picky, I bet he wants to knock me upside the head.
So I know how you feel, just keep plugging along and hopefully you will find the ONE. You are not alone :)

Btw, you have MUCH more time than we do! Haha check out my ticker!

Well its comforting (and a bit scary!) to see some mommas who are about to pop and still dont have a name!

There is something wrong with every single name I've looked at. The other night I sat and went through 1000 girl names, and nada. There is not one girl name I love.

I love the names I gave my boys....It didn't take much of a list for us to choose. But that was with my ex. Now that I have divorced and gotten married again and we are ttc my current husbands first, my 3rd; anything I come up with and love he shoots down. I like names that are different as my name is extremely common. My DH thinks my taste is "wierd"...tbh, he is really getting on my nerves. LOL...He has suggested 3 names to my 150...:haha: the names that he has been suggesting I like but I don't love. I just can't picture naming a child something that I am not totally in love with, I don't want to look back and regret not giving him/her a different name. Just don't want to settle.:dohh:

I have a really hard time finding names that don't remind me of someone. Even if it reminds me on someone in a good way I don't want to feel like I'm naming my baby after that person. My fiance finds faults in pretty much all names but in a different way. He can find a way for pretty much every name to be made fun of by other kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->