• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you get more scared of birth the more babies you have?

i had a hard time with my 3rd knowing when I should go to the hospital! With my second I got there at 4 cm and it took forever to move along, so the dr intervened and put me on pitocin which sucked. With my 3rd I was still iffy and got there at 7 cm...the hospital was only a 5 min cab drive away, though. Now we live in the 'burbs and the hospital is a 25 min drive. They say each labor is shorter so my only worry is that I have the baby in the car! The pain was mostly manageable with my 3rd until they broke my water (I'm with a midwife this time and they do NOT break your waters) so I am optimistic about dealing with the pain-the hormones that take over somewhat help.

This is a hard one to answer, at least for me. I wasn’t freaked out at all with my first and the labour itself was pretty great, sparing you the details.

I completely forgot how the pain actually feels like in the 3 years following up to my 2nd birth, to be completely honest. I was 6cm dilated and my OB sent me to the hospital for soft induction. Because of great first experience I was so happy waddling over there, thinking that this will be another walk in the park, so to speak. But when the first contraction hit (pitocin level WAY off the mark IMO), I was SO SHOCKED at how much it hurt. It was a complete disaster of a labour, albeit only lasting an hour and a half, then had to be put under because my placenta tore etc.

Now, 5 months after, I still cannot forget. If I get pregnant again (although we are done as far as I’m concerned), I’m 100% getting an epidural and not going through that again. Terrified just thinking about it.

If I’m a 100 % honest, I would say that if I had such a lousy birth with my first as I did with my second, I’d probably stop at one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->