Do you get much when u pump??

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey.

I don't express much. I only really feed lo on the boob. But leaving lo with my dh so want to express. Sometimes I've expressed and I've got about 3-4ozs but sometimes I can only get 1oz. Anyone the same?? Or know why this is??

That's pretty normal. On average, women can pump 0.5-2oz per session. How much you get depends on time of day (generally you'll get more pumping in the morning) and how long it's been since you last fed your LO (you'll get more 4 hours after the last feed than you will 2 hours after the last feed).

I always used to feed my LO from one boob overnight/first thing in the morning and then pump the other one right after she was done so I got quite a bit of milk. I alternated which breast I fed from each night so it didn't do anything crazy to my supply.

I always used to feed my LO from one boob overnight/first thing in the morning and then pump the other one right after she was done so I got quite a bit of milk. I alternated which breast I fed from each night so it didn't do anything crazy to my supply.
This is what I do. I've been surprised how much my supply has changed between children. With my son, I used to regularly get 7-8 oz from one breast in the morning. This time around, it's more like 2-4 oz.

I still mainly breastfeed DD2 but I'm back in school so I have to pump about 2-3 times a week, and I usually get between 3-5oz, and that's 4 to 6 hours after a feed. I use a manual pump so I could probably get more with my medela swing, but for some reason the idea of using an electrical pump in a public bathroom seems rather...unpleasant:haha: never that there's nowhere to actually plug it:dohh:

I still mainly breastfeed DD2 but I'm back in school so I have to pump about 2-3 times a week, and I usually get between 3-5oz, and that's 4 to 6 hours after a feed. I use a manual pump so I could probably get more with my medela swing, but for some reason the idea of using an electrical pump in a public bathroom seems rather...unpleasant:haha: never that there's nowhere to actually plug it:dohh:

You have to pump in a public bathroom?

You have to pump in a public bathroom?

Yep! Good old college bathrooms with young adults so apparently no need for a nursing room or something, even though there is a day care in the building:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->