Do you get standard scans if you have an early scans?

Tripltemum3

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
Due to my PCOS - I finally spoke to the midwife team this morning and they are sending me for an early dating scan . We think we’re about 5 weeks judging on the last ‘ bleed’ but not 100% and I’m pretty sure I didn’t ovulate this last month :wacko:

My question is if we have the early scan which will be over the next two weeks apparently then do I still get to have the standard 12 week scan ??

Any experience would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you xx

In UK then yes absolutely. They just see this as an extra.

Thanks joybell !

Will be nice to see the little mischief maker and put my mind at rest ��

X

Yes, as Joybell said, you'll always get your 12 week scan in the UK. :) I had one at 11 weeks then came back at 13 weeks.

Not quite the same but I had an emergency scan at 18+6 with my first then still had the 20 week scan at 19+6. :)

Sometimes, if you are nearer the 10 week mark, you wont get the "12" week scan (which is 10-13weeks)

It's never happened to me but I've seen it happen to others.

In your case, you defo will get your dating scan!

Yes because an early scan isn’t clear enough for dating I was told 5 weeks at epu then booked in at 12 weeks turned out I was 14 weeks

Thank you ladies . I spoke to the midwife centre a week ago and she said I’d hear from someone in the week hopefully but haven’t heard anything yet about it , saying that the community midwife rang me earlier to ask if I wanted to keep my appointment Saturday or reschedule due to the royal wedding taking place ( apparently some people have actually cancelled due to it ,) lol !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->