Do you give blood?

Baby France

Me and my amazing babies!
Reaction score
Have you ever given blood?

Would you ever consider giving blood?

How did you start?

I've given blood a number of times, the only reason I stopped in 2008 was because of operations and then falling pregnant but right now I could start up again!

I started giving blood as a friend gave blood and I just tagged along with her.

How about you?

yep I do.... my dad had gave blood all his life so i just go along with him :)
its a great thing to do...your helping to save lives in a way

I would but I'm classed as underweight and so I'm not allowed to

No way I didn't even realise you couldn't if you were underweight!

I need to start going giving again soon! Its been too long.

I do :)

My mum always did. I think it's a really important thing to do, obviously some people can't because of the criteria, but if you can it's definitely a good thing to do it :flower:

Yeah there's a certain weight you have to be above, which is dumb because it's not height-adjusted. So someone really short may be classed as 'underweight' and can't donate even though they may be a healthy weight for their height :wacko:

Yeah there's a certain weight you have to be above, which is dumb because it's not height-adjusted. So someone really short may be classed as 'underweight' and can't donate even though they may be a healthy weight for their height :wacko:

So silly some rules and regulations sometimes eh!!

My OH would give blood when ever he could and i thought that was amazing. id love to give blood but im so scared of needles i just cant make myself go and do it. Im 0- and they are short on it so i no i really should as id take the blood if i needed it myself

So silly some rules and regulations sometimes eh!!

Yep it's silly. I'm only 5'2 so technically my weight is ok for my height but it still falls below the guidelines

I can't as I have low blood pressure and will faint everytime!!!........ Would be nice though :O)

i didnt no u couldnt give blood if u have low bp....well thats me out anyways :/

I never have, considered it a few times but I'm terrified of needles.

i had my date booked then i found out i was pregnant so i couldnt. :(

I would but right now I can't, and any other time I've been ill or recently had tattoos.
I looks like it'll be a long time until I get round to it.

Have you ever given blood? - Not yet

Would you ever consider giving blood? - Definatley, I had an appointment booked after my 18th birthday but got pregnant and had to cancel, since then I have been anemic so I am just waiting for the go ahead really. I am O NEG so really need to as its the rare blood type

How did you start? - Haven't yet, hoping next year will be my time!

I gave often until this last year when my iron was too low, then I got a new tattoo and here you have to wait at least 6 months after. Now I am pregnant and can not. Hopefully next year I can get back into it.

I always wanted to do it, but found out this year I have a blood clotting problem so not sure they would want my blood!
I really would love to be a bone marrow donor that's one of the things I really want to do but I don't know if I could now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->