Do you give blood?

I started earlier this year and have done it twice so far. I go at every opportunity now. I never really knew much about it tbh but I read into it earlier this year and decided to go for it :)

I also think it's ridiculous that they won't let 'gay' people give blood. There are so many people out there who would love to help but because of silly guidelines like this can't :nope: x

Never have, Have considered it, but I don't think I would ever be allowed to now as I have anti-e.

I donate every 12-16 weeks, would love to donate platelets aswell but my nearest centre is liverpool:(

Thanks for your replies ladies, its interesting to see that there are quite a few members that are unable to give for various reasons!

I really need to get down there and give blood! I want a tattoo so I'm probably better going beforehand and then getting it done!

I went with some friends during university and have been going ever since (with breaks for health reasons, pregnancy and tattoos).

DH can't as he's had skin cancer so isn't allowed to ever donate - he insists I have to do his share!

I live such a busy self-interested life that I feel it's my small way of doing some good for others.

I havent before but i will in the future. I had to have a blood transfusion after having my LO and its weird but it made me feel so grateful, i needed a lot of blood and since then im determined to 'give something back' :thumbup:

I used to but I had to stop because of medication and LTTC.

Wasn't an option for me. Lol.

Never have due to fear of needles, medication and anaemia! O/h has though and probs will again at some point x

I haven't but I would like to when I can. Atm I don't feel well enough (not sure if I'm anaemic or something) but when I am and I can find someone to help watch LO I am going to.

I feel lame that I've never done it, but Im so freaked about it all. :lol:
I get really dizzy and light headed anytime I have to give a sample for anything.

It's sad when you're sitting in the room and a little girl comes in to get her blood drawn, is done in seconds and walks out perfectly fine ... And you're just laying there in a chair trying your best to not pass out. :blush:

I voted reg donor when I was able to. I use to donate up until 2009 after being diagnosed with type one diabetes so had to stop which was frustrating!!! Now I have a blood test fear due to the horror of the needles etc!

Reason for me doing it was... My mum left her questionare on the kitchen top and I asked when it was next so went along with her & shes been doin it for 22 years since I was born due to me having a blood transfusion when I was born. That was her reason mine I just thought it was a duty for me to do it :/!

I'm trying to get oh to donate when it's in town etc but he forgets a lot! Next one is on a Friday so he's off work and I'll make him go :)

Haven't but have considered. Horribly afraid of needles though.

No.

I wanted to give blood but when I had Chloe and Jaycee I had a 2.5ltr blood transfusion so I am unable to donate

i voted no, but have considered, as I am from the uk but live in australia, so the aussie red cross wont consider me incase i have mad cow disease, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->