Do you give ur child mcdonalds? No comments please :)

fingers_cross

Reaction score
Just a poll :) I dont want to start a massive debate (actually i love a good debate ;) lol) but i dont want it to turn from a debate into a massive problem post so just poll please!

I can't see the poll?
But I can see the age of your child so I'm gonna say no u should not!

Dd has had McDonalds. She was well over a year first time and we don't often but I don't see the harm personally if its occasional. She only care about the balloons :winkwink:

just takes a second for it to come up. oh no! im not asking if i should give my lo it, im just curious to see what others do.x

I'm commenting just to say no, but not due to the options provided ;)

A friend of mine told me her LOs had their first mcds at 6 months, although I can see it has dobe neither of them any harm I thought 'not for my lo yet' but I personally don't have any problems with her having it occasionally when she's a bit older. My girl is a month older than yours.

I answered rarely but it wasn't mc Donald's she had, it was a few chips from Eddie rockets (after she had her 'proper' food) but I suppose fast food is fast food!

He has had it once or twice.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it occasionally as long as it's part of a healthy diet. The two times he has had it were during long drives where we didn't really have any other options. He normally leaves most of it. :shrug:

I answered for what I will probably do in the future. We don't have them very often- probably once every couple of months. I would give them to my child when she is old enough for a special treat every now and then!! X

My girls do once there over a year. No salt on the chips.

McDonald's food on occasion isn't actually that bad. There are far worse foods people feed their kids without even considering it.

Not a reason for me on the poll so commenting....an absolute no, there is nothing in the food to benefit my daughter so there is no reason for her to eat it. Plus she is only given meat that is either organic or I know where it is sourced from.

She gets a homemade cookie every day that contains sugar, and she's had Kraft singles, graham crackers, Cheerios, etc, all of which contain chemicals - so I think it'd be rather hypocritical of me to say she doesn't have McDonald's based on those reasons.

Honestly, we just hardly ever go and the times we do get it is after she's gone to bed and DH runs out to pick something up. Sorry it's a boring reason lol

I've said rarely, even though he hasn't had any yet, but I'll let him on occasion, or taste mine, when he's old enough

My oldest did a few times, my baby has not, last time I was there we all got the McShits and won't be back.

Haha 20 people viewing!

im not sure what to put because we generally have the breakfasts and get poppy a bagel so I wouldn't say that was fast food.

But I think she's probably had 2 'meals' since she turned 1. She had a fruit bag and some chips the first time and the other time was last week and I got her a chicken nugget meal and shoot me now but I took the coating of and let Freya eat some! and yes she's 8 months and she's still here to tell the tale.

Who bloody cares give your child what you want. I want my girls to grow up and have a sensible relationship with food. If that means they have mc donalds once every 3 months after a day out then so what.

I would when he's older and acrually asks for it, until then there's no point really because he's not missing anything and I try to avoid it myself (too many calories and I'm hungry again in 30mins). I come from the generation of kids who had their birthday parties at McDonald's though so I don't really see the harm occassionally.

No, never. We're vegan, and even if we weren't, fast food has so much crap in it that I wouldn't touch it. Even their coffee has so many chemicals in it that I'm not sure why it's even called coffee. :haha:
(Sorry for such a blunt comment.)

I probably will seeing as I am addicted to their fries.

He's had a fry a couple of times, but no....I think their nuggets are yucky (just my opinion though). I'll give it to him once in a blue moon whenever we eat there. I actually had McDonald's today, but he was napping. But....yeah, I don't have an issue giving it once in a while, just not every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->