Do you give ur child mcdonalds? No comments please :)

It's not something I want to give my lo as its crap but you know what I'm not going to rule it out completely as I know how realistic it is to say you won't do this or that!

No, but my LO is only 6 months and we've only just started weaning. She probably will get McDonald's once in a blue moon after at least her first birthday although I'd like to wait as long as possible to introduce it without it (and other fast food) becoming the exciting 'forbidden food' if that makes sense.

When she does have it ill make sure she gets at least one of the healthy options available (fruit bag, carrot sticks etc). And no fizzy drinks!

My oldest did a few times, my baby has not, last time I was there we all got the McShits and won't be back.

So funny obviously not for you tho but loved how you worded it : )

my dd is 18months she has had a few nuggets in the past :)

LO has had it a few times. Fish fingers and a fruit bag when were out

She had a few fries (salt taken off) last week. We go to McDonalds MAYBE once a year so I don't see much issue giving her a few fries when we do.

When she was younger I was appalled by the thought of ever giving her fast food... once she actually started eating I relaxed my views a lot!

No, I don't eat it myself (just find it gross and tasteless) so no reason to give to kids.

Me and my oh were talking about this yday as he used to eat loads of junk food before he met me and we are terrible for just nipping out for junk when we cant be bothered to cook, and its not what we want for the lo. That said, i wouldnt mind him having it on an odd occasion as a treat, if he sees it as a treat.

My parents never did, and still dont do junk food so i didnt have it much as a kid, we used to get it as a rare treat when we'd been to the local leisure pool as it was just across the road and we loved it, it really did feel like a treat! Think it was more to do with the play area and ball pool than the food tho to be honest.

I'm not voting as I've got 2 children. My three nearly four year old had a happy meal for tea tonight! My ten month old no way. X

Me and my sister were at McDonald's yesterday and I gave Logan some of my hamburger after he refused his bottle...he threw it across the table so im guessing he didn't want any anyway, if he had of eaten it I would've offered him more..he was eyeing up my fries but I didn't let him have any as I find them too salty for myself let alone a baby!
Each to there own.

Very occasionally. Our rule "If we eat it, the kids eat it", same with everything (apart from caffeine and alcohol). Makes us eat healthier!

Very occasionally. Our rule "If we eat it, the kids eat it", same with everything (apart from caffeine and alcohol). Makes us eat healthier!

*climbs on high horse*

Ahem, there is caffeine in chocolate so I assume you & kiddos don't eat that

*climbs off high horse*

:haha:

Lo had a McDonald's twice...1st time coz we were in there, he refused his packed lunch and grabbed my godsons off his high chair tray so I went and got him his own (chicken nuggets and salt free fries coz I asked for them!) the 2nd time we had taken sd and we got a take away...they sat on the. Floor at home eating out of the box. I got him one today as we were eating there as it was the only place with room in the town where the carnival we went to was...he refused to touch it! I've taken this as a sign he's not feeling too good and lo and behold he has a temperature and a husky voice tonight!

He has had it more times than I've wanted him to have it but it's sometimes the only place where we can go. My town has 2 eating places with highchairs and the other. Is awful...I found a piece of plastic in los beans on toast once!

Yep my eldest has had loads of mcdonalds and he loves it. I dont see what the big deal is. Fries and nuggets? He has chicken nuggets at home so I dont see how it is too different having them at mcdonalds as well.

I used to get him a fruit bag instead of fries but he would just steal my fries anyway so started getting him his own.

I can think of MANY more things that are MUCH worse than mcdonalds tbh.

We have the opposite rule in our house! But that's because our diet is so crap that I don't want my son eating like us! He eats much better than us and really we need to introduce "what he eats, we eat" as then our diet would be really healthy. He does have treats - choc perhaps every two weeks, cakes every now and then but when it comes to meals, I can't bring myself to give him a maccy d's. I'm not saying that we never will but it would be a last resort for us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->