Do you go out much?

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
Hay everyone,

Just wondering if you go out much on your own with the baby in the day?

I keep telling myself that i am going to but dont do it much unless i am with someone else e.g my mother. I just fee worried that Bethan will wake up and start screaming when i'm half way around the shops or something.
I have been to a few places but not much. The other day i told myself to get out with her. So i got evberything ready drove to the shopd and parked up. Just as i came out of the car park she started screaming so i turned around and came straight back home :-( I know it sounds pathetic!

Also i am quite happy at home to be honest but i just think that Beth really should get more fresh air etc.

How about you guys?

xx

hi i go for a walk every day even if its just for 30mins gives me a little excersise and kaydee gets some fresh air :)
she sometimes starts screaming but i just soothe her and she have a lil nap
i didnt go out at first because im a young mum (18) and was worried people were going to give me a dirty look if she started screaming but you should go for it :) even if its just a walk round the block :)

yep.

I always go out... even when Jasmine was a newborn I went out, since that was in the winter I mainly just went to different places to shop... Or to babygroup... or visitng people.

I go out every day without fail. I have dine since he was a few days old. I also spent the first few weeks petrified that he would wake up,, start screaming and everyone would think i was a bad mother. After a few outings, I soon realised that there are crying babies all over the place. I may naff some people off, but I don't think people think you're a bad mother because of it.

I think the more you go out, the better they are when you're out. Oliver is quite happy round Tesco and I'm sure this is because he has been with me for every shop since he was born!!

I would crawl the walls if I had to spend a day indoors!! Go for it hun. the more you do it, the easier it gets! Are there any baby groups near you? Get to them if thre are. You soon learn that yours isn't the only baby with the ability to cry!!!

I never used to, I go out to baby group things or to see my sister and a few walks when its sunny now. I needed to start getting out as I felt like I was wasting my days. I did enjoy the time at home with Dylan, but now we both enjoy going out. We still have days where we stay in, but even an hour out n about does the world of good.

I didnt go out the first 3 months but thereafter we went out at least once a week if possible.Now we go out regularly as he is a toddler already.

I don't go out as much as I should. I can't drive and there isn't much around where I live apart from busy roads so I don't really like to take Seren out for walks all the time.
We go out in the garden and if it's really nice I'll take the bus down town.

from a very young age ive always gone out with zane by myself i dont drive so i have to use public transport which sucks lol

but we go into town or just out for walks, now hes older we go to the park.

its lovely to be able to get out with ur baby especialy when they are young so u actualy get out urself and dont go insane in thise four walls lol n ule find ur baby will sleep well out in the pram, well zane used to anyways.

plus i found that if zane screamed while out when he was younger most people understand and just go awww poor baby.
its only when a kids alot older u get evils like 3 yrs plus lol

When I was off, i went out every day with him on my own :D

I go out most days locally with him but I must admit if I'm going somewhere a bit further afield I'm always a bit apprehensive but I really dunno why! I've always been happy to hop in the car and go anywhere but its like I worry if its somewhere I don't know incase he's hungry or needs changed and there's nowhere to go. But I do love a nice wander with the pram

for the first three months whilst i was breastfeeding i didnt go out on my own with lo. only when oh was there and i would time it around feeds as i got very paniced about feeding in public...i'm fine with people doing it i was just very conscious of myself doing it. since then i still dont go out as much as i would like...we dont live in a very nice area.
the last few weeks i go out every day now only to the shop for a paper but its out. i still feel like a walking target though. its totally different when we visit family 'up north' its a lovely village and i take her out every morning after breakfast for a nice walk and am out all the time. i cant wait to move there.

now we go out at least 5 days out of 7 but wen luisa was first born i didnt leave the house for almost 2 weeks because i was exc expressing and suffering from pnd (although i didnt know it at the time)

i am going to try and go out everyday from next week like people have said even if its just for a walk around the block

one so luisa is getting fresh air and two because i could really do with the exercise lol

we have the river lea round the corner and im looking forward to wen luisa is old enough to feed the ducks xx

Go out a fair bit, couple of times a week. meet my work colleuge for lunch or go shopping. Lot of time I go with OH though as he is home during the day

We go out everyday without fail and usually out from 10am for most of the day. 4 out of the 5 days we go to babygroups/ events then usually go for either a cheap lunch, walk around shops/ park, visiting people etc. Try to be back for 4pm so we can have some 'us' time. I would go mad around the house and LO would hate it.

I go out everyday without fail (unless im working) but like yesterday we left the house at 10 got back at 3. and the day before we got the bus to town at 11 got back about 4.30. The 1st few weeks i really wanted to go out but was a lil scared so only went close by like for a meal etc. But now ill easily jump on the bus to the train station then the train to liverpool get some shopping take jacob the park then back on the train and home without a second thought :rofl: i think you just get used to it in time :) XxxX

i try to go out everyday with lo, for a walk or to get groceries, and once a week we meet up with our amsterdam mummies group on the city which is quite far so we only go once a week :)

I have to go out morning and afternoon to muck out and do the horses so Molly comes with me but I don't really go anywhere else with her as haven't got family to go visiting round here which is a shame. I guess I need to join one of those mother and baby groups and meet some people and some babies for molly to play with lol!

As long as you are prepared with bottles, nappies and a musical toy she can be fed, changed and soothed. Maybe try sticking to somewhere with a cafe and baby changing facilities the first few times to make things a bit easier for you x

Finn loves going out, id be in trouble if i didn't take him! of course he's going to cry sometimes, but it always sounds worse to you cos your his mama, and I am expert at smiling blithely at interfering biddies....

I went out every day from when Phoebe was a few days old, I think I would have found it a lot harder staying in all the time with her. I have only just started going to the supermarket with her, for some reason this petrified me but I have always been happy to go to the shopping in the malls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->