Do you have a decoration budget each year?

marmaduke

Reaction score
Everyone has their favourite decorations that come out year after year but do you have a set amount to spend on decorations/new tree?

I know real trees can be expensive so I guess everyone that buys one each year must have to pay out.
I usually try to pick up any bits in the sale that have caught my eye, the only problem by December I can never remember what I picked up.
Last year I splurged on several boxes of the large retro tree lights, and a bauble spree in The Range. This year I need to buy a few garlands for the stairs and outdoor lights.
By the time I'm 70 I want to be know as the crazy Christmas lady just like the people on that Tv show last year.

No set budget but we try to get a few new bits every year. One year I spent 30 pounds on a ceramic Tinkerbell(I swear it wasn't tacky) ahaha. It was on the top of the tree. And I dropped it when I was packing Christmas away =( nearly cried. So now every year I get reminded about it. I just purchased some of those light up parcels for under the tree and I am eyeing up a carousel but I haven't found one that isn't naff looking. So yeah I like to get a few big bits. Will also pick up a few new xmas decs

No budget, I just usually buy odd bits in the sale the January before, but last January I bought a new tree! So will have a little splurge up this year;)

No set budget, our main expense is the tree and then I usually buy a few decorations here and there. Last year we bought some new outdoor lights and this year I want some light up, inflatable decorations, Father Christmas and a Snowman probably- my neighbours are going to hate me :haha:.

I don't. There are years I don't add anything to our collection and I only tend to pick up things I either fall in love with or if something needs replacing. This year o need some new decorations. I can't quite work out what I need until we start putting things up though and seeing how much space is taken up and where there are gaps

No - I bought lots of decorations from Next and John Lewis in the sale a few years ago. We have a tree so normally don't buy any extras. We end up buying lots of chocolate treats for the tree though :haha:

nope i just buy the things i like

:thumbup:

i bought loads last year so will probably only
buy a couple this year, that's if i fall in love with them
and literally cannot leave them behind

it happens quite often

:blush: :haha:

We bought a new white 6ft tree last year, all new decs too, ice blue and silver <3 but I like my ornaments/wooden decs so spend roughly £30 a year on those to add to the rest.

No - I bought lots of decorations from Next and John Lewis in the sale a few years ago. We have a tree so normally don't buy any extras. We end up buying lots of chocolate treats for the tree though :haha:

Tree chocolate last around ooh 2 days in this house. I've already polished off the heroes & the celebrations have just the dodgy ones left.
Damn you Morrisons & your super cheap chocolate.

We don't either, but we usually add a few things each Christmas and let the kids choose something they love. We went to Callander last weekend to feed the ducks and I found a Christmas shop! So naturally the kids both picked a cute Christmassy snow globe and they'll pick a tree decoration each just before we put the tree up, I want a lovely wreath for the porch door this year too and icicle lights for the windows.

We literally have half a loft of Christmas things, two classic old fashioned bears carrying stockings and a teddy that are as big as my dd for the top and bottom of stairs, three trees, hundreds of decorations, large snow globes and scenes and all sorts. We should really get them all out and see what we have.

I buy things allllll the time :haha: I think this is my worst year for it! Good job we have 3 trees! Or is it 4?! I bought a new one last year in a sale for £3 whoops!

Hi! I'm Lucy and I'm an absolute Christmas addict!

I don't buy a whole lot each year, usually if I see am ornament I like I'll buy it. When things go on clearance the day after though I get a couple things for a Christmas village. One day I'd love to have a big Christmas village set up.

We don't have a budget for decorations. If I see something I like and it's a good price I'll pick it up if I have the extra $. Normally I get quite a bit in the after holiday sales when everything is marked down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->