Do you have a preferred gender?

Kind of boy, only because we have a girl. But if it's a girl we have loads of clothes and pink things. I really don't mind :)

I want a girl. I've wanted a girl all along, so after two boys, I really, really, really want a girl.

If it's a third boy then great, we've got all the stuff and an army of little men will be adorable. But I'm not gonna deny that I will be disappointed.

No preference at all for me. I have a 16 month old son and will be equally as happy if it is a boy or a girl :)

We both wanted a boy.

I dreaded the thought of the baby being pink. And when I say dreaded I mean terrified because I couldn't think of anything worse than having a daughter!

Luckily we're team blue this time!

We plan on another and I've pretty much come to terms with the fact the next may be pink!

It took a long time and a lot of in depth conversations with the mothers of girls but I have found some pro's of daughters so ill be happy with either sex next time round.

i have a really strong feeling i'm carrying a girl, i have 2 boys and i just knew with them aswell and i was right, i was team yellow with them we didn't find out their gender, but this time i am going to find out if i'm right.
i will be shocked if i'm wrong, but at the end of the day all anyone wants is a healthy baby and once i get to hold him/her it wont matter :)

Hi ladies,
we have 6 between us and 3 girls and 3 boys so im not fussed but oh wants a boy xx

Of course all I really hope for is a happy healthy baby, but I think I have a slight preference for a girl, although it seems to change all the time from really wanting a daughter first to not really minding boy or girl. I even worry sometimes that I will be disappointed either way, not with the baby I'll have but the other gender I imagined which I end up not having. So even if I get my girl I'll be disappointed about not meeting the little boy I'd imagined for 9 months, and vice versa. Crazy I know!

I totally get what you are saying. We were team yellow for our first, so we had a girl's name and a boy's name picked out, and I alternated between thinking the baby was a boy or a girl. When the baby was born, I was thrilled he was a boy but also strangely felt like I missed out on meeting the little girl I thought he might be. I got over it pretty quickly and it didn't take away from my thrill over having a boy, but it was a bit unsettling and I was caught completely by surprise over the emotion of it all.

I've always preferred to have a girl first because I've always wanted one and little girl stuff is so cute!! I've had a feeling from day one that this will be a boy though and I'm coming around to the idea...DH and his family are hoping boy. About 2 more weeks until we find out!

We are expecting our fourth and after 3 girls we are hoping for a little man! Of course I will be happy if we have healthy baby no matter what the gender but it would be such a nice change if we had a bit of blue in our home. This is our last baby for sure as it will be fourth c section so I am hoping I will get to experience a mother/son relationship but if not I will still be very grateful with another little princess! We find out next week so very excited:winkwink:

Ever-so-slight preference for a boy. However, I do want two girls, and if I have three children, my ideal at this point would be for this one to be a boy and the next one to be a girl. DH really wants a boy and is sure to show some gender disappointment if it's another girl, but he'll get over it.

DD prefers a girl, and it will be fun to see her excitement if things do turn out that way.

I was treated differently by my father my entire life because he wanted a boy and I am his 3rd girl. He let his first two girls (my half sisters) be adopted by another man and would have allowed the same for us (my sister and I) if my mom had been married at the time.

Because of this, I will never feel gender disappointment and told hubby that if he were to feel it to keep it to himself because I don't want to hear it.

I want another boy!!! I already have 2 boys so everyone just assumes I want a girl!

My eldest is 11 so him and my 19 month old will never play properly together. If this is another boy then they'll be 25 months between the two youngest which I think is perfect for them being able to play and be close!

Plus with a girl we'd need to move house which will cost me £40,000 to get the extra bedroom!! I have all the boy clothes in the right sizes for the right season - and I even have his name sorted!

I've set myself up for this being a boy so will be very shocked if it isn't !

I would like a boy, but either is fine. we have FOUR daughters, and I would like to experience what it is like to have a son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->