Do you have a preferred gender?

megz143x

Reaction score
Hi All.

Do any of you have a preferred gender? I feel terrible for saying it but i really want a boy as ive already got a girl... my OH really would like a boy... and my sister has 2 girls.. so a boy would be lovely. Also my sister is pregnant too... 12 weeks and her 2 girls are the apple of my mums eye she helps her out alot with them as no1 was her granddaughter she has her second very close by and couldn't cope very well so mum basically brought no2 up for the first 6 months .. plus my sister is a bit of a mare... with drink... weed ect.. so... mums always helping her out with kids ect.. but just recently me and my mum have been getting on really well... i just know that my sister is now going to have the first boy and once again ... im going to feel pushed to the back... not that she means it at all... but i can see whats going to happen... bless her.. not mums fault i no shes doing it for the kids.

but anyway i would love a boy in general regards to that... My daughter would love a girl... :) and will be chuffed if it is a girl.. and i guess ill love her all the same.. i just would love a little man... im so nervous!!!!!!

anyone else feeling this way?! or am i just being a idiot?!

I think my slight preference is for a girl - it's my first baby, and I've always wanted a daughter. Plus, whilst we can't give my in-laws their first grandchild (they've already got 2), they only hvae grandsons at the minute, so it would be nice to give them a grand-daughter and be "first" with something.

Having said all that, if it turns out to be a boy I will be happy too, as I think baby boys are adorable!

I've got a preference for a girl, although I'm getting more and more used to the thought that it could be a boy and it would be lovely too. I already have an adorable little girl and it would be nice to get to experience a new thing. I THINK I might be getting to a stage where it really doesn't matter at all :D

I think i might be getting to that stage.. what will be will be... and being able to carry and have a baby is the important thing.. also that they are healthy!! im not saying i would be devo if it was a girl but just having a boy would be super lush! also my friends just found out shes having a boy.. shes already got 2 girls! im kinda jelous! lol x

No preferred gender :) I kept having a feeling it might be a girl but not that I would prefer a girl over a boy. My hubby at first was saying he'd prefer a boy because he knows boys and would worry a lot about a girl because he doesn't know girls :haha: that was sooo cute but he would also be happy either way.

Been there done that with the feelings. XP We wanted a boy so badly for our first baby. We are having a girl. I had slight gender disappointment for maybe four to six weeks after finding out. Each day it got easier. I am now thrilled that we are having a baby girl but there are times I think, What if I had a baby boy first. Which I hate myself when I think like that. Still, I really am thrilled to have a baby girl and just praying she is healthy.

I have two boys and a girl. I think that ideally we'd love another girl this time. I won't find out in advance whether it is blue or pink so that it will just be a surprise

We really have no preference either way. After all we've been through the past 5 yrs to get pregnant just a healthy baby is all we ask for .

me and my husband both want a girl, i already have a 5 year old boy from a previous relationship :)

I wanted a girl but its boy number 3!was a little disappointed at first as its our last but now I just cant wait to have him in my arms!

I already have 2 boys and 2 girls, so you would think it would not matter! But....both of my boys were born early, while both of my girls were past their due dates. Having had two premature babies, dealing with NICUs and many, many hospital visits, I would really rather not go through that again, its really, really tough. So....If having a girl means (for me) that I will have a term baby, then I prefer a girl.

With that said, perhaps its all just a coincidence, but perhaps it isn't! Guess I will find out later this year! lol

We all would like LO to be a girl... DS wants a little sister, and both of us would love to have a daughter. However; we will be just as happy with another son. I think if we hadn't been team yellow though, and we found out we were having a boy, I might have experienced some gender disappointment, but once baby is on my tummy... and I'm holding him/her... everything will be okay :)

We have one of each already, so I really have no preference. I have been REALLY anxious to find out what this one is, though (I was team yellow with my first, and that took a ton of patience, which I rarely have!). My scan is this afternoon so hopefully we'll get a good crotch shot!

I want a boy. I've never pictured myself with girl, And kind of want a brother for my son .

I was hoping for a boy initially, but now I really want a girl... I have a son already, and I would really love a baby girl to add to our family.
I know I will be prefectly fine with a boy, as another little buddy would be great, but I might feel *slight* disappointment initially.
Plus, for #3 we really want to stay team yellow. I think if I have a boy and a girl, staying team yellow will be an easier task!

A bit ashamed to say that We would like a girl as this will be our last baby. We have a son already.
I'd much prefer to have no preference like I did with my son :(

Of course all I really hope for is a happy healthy baby, but I think I have a slight preference for a girl, although it seems to change all the time from really wanting a daughter first to not really minding boy or girl. I even worry sometimes that I will be disappointed either way, not with the baby I'll have but the other gender I imagined which I end up not having. So even if I get my girl I'll be disappointed about not meeting the little boy I'd imagined for 9 months, and vice versa. Crazy I know!

I would love a boy! I always wanted a big brother and it would be so nice if my
Future girls could have a big brother:) of course there will be no disappointment if its a girl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->