do you have a seperate wardrobe for LO to send to ex?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
I.E the 'less nice' bits that don't really match and don't matter if they get stained/lost/not given back :haha:

I mean why should ex (who has never bought one piece of clothing for LO but goes shopping for himself most weeks) have the nice clothes that I buy to dress LO in when he takes him out :shrug:

I don't buy fancy clothes but Elijah has some nice pieces that he has received as gifts and there's no way I will be sending them. Ex can have the hand me down bits that would have gone to the charity shop :rofl: I mean they are still decent enough, wouldn't want LO looking a scruff.
I can just imagine things would either be not given back til he's grown out of them, stained or holy. I know my ex :growlmad:
Wonder if its just me who is so picky? Lol. Xx

Well I'm with my OH but my MIL has an entire new wardrobe for when she sees LO. Our stuff isn't good enough apparently :dohh:

They're not even nice things, she likes to dress him like a boy's boy and I'm more in to unisex. It's crazy that's she spent so much money though!

I totally agree with your about FOB, I'd do the same!

ide tell him to buy LO stuff if its an over night stay. if its just the day then ide send her in older less neat clothes... but he doesnt see her so dont have a prob there. xx

I send my little girl in my clothes but when she gets there he puts her in his clothes then changes her to come home, they buy ugly ugly clothes lol xx

I used to have to send clothes even nappies but now I don't send anything as they have stuff and when i say they its more his mom who actually bothers to get her things but she has a card for his account as controls his money and his sister also buys her things, he even had cheek to ask me to send her play gym back and forth with her when she was younger but yeah when i did send clothes i didn't send the nicer ones x

I used to have to send clothes even nappies but now I don't send anything as they have stuff and when i say they its more his mom who actually bothers to get her things but she has a card for his account as controls his money and his sister also buys her things, he even had cheek to ask me to send her play gym back and forth with her when she was younger but yeah when i did send clothes i didn't send the nicer ones x

Sounds like my ex, his parents control his bank and his mum buys dd clothes!xx

they really are useless, I go away on holiday in Sept he has her weekend before we go but away 2 weeks so will miss a weekend so said if wants can have her weekend we back to make up for it, rang me other day asking when i go and come back was like yeah definitely want her that weekend, next day his mom txt asking when holiday was, fri come back is her birthday. later that day he rings me saying somethings come up can't have her then, his mom is going away and basically nobody will be there so he doesn't want her cos won't have everyone else to do it all for him, his loss he won't see her for 4 weeks xx

Sometimes i do send him in the stuff i dont like, like all the crap that his family buys :haha: so they can see him wearing it all and i dont have to dress him in them when he's with me :) everyones happy

No, I just send her in whatever. I know they do have clothes for her there though, but sometimes they give me stuff for her. There are so many other things to worry about.

No, absolutely not. And I think it's slightly strange to purposefully dress your LO in clothes you don't like as much/are slightly more scruff, whatever, because they're staying with their father. :shrug:

I can understand dressing LO's in clothes that FOB's family has bought, but you're not keen on, just so they're seen wearing them, but other than that, no. :nope:

No, absolutely not. And I think it's slightly strange to purposefully dress your LO in clothes you don't like as much/are slightly more scruff, whatever, because they're staying with their father. :shrug:

I can understand dressing LO's in clothes that FOB's family has bought, but you're not keen on, just so they're seen wearing them, but other than that, no. :nope:

I think it's more OP doesn't think she will see the clothes again or they will get ruined so doesn't want all LO's best clothes going and having to then replace them as FOB won't.

FOB has never had LO but I think it would depend on how he was, if I kept sending LO with clothes and them not come back or he was putting her in party dresses to do painting or something like that I would maybe only send her with older clothes because I can't afford to replace it all but if the clothes were coming back fine then I wouldn't mind want he had.

I think it's more OP doesn't think she will see the clothes again or they will get ruined so doesn't want all LO's best clothes going and having to then replace them as FOB won't.

FOB has never had LO but I think it would depend on how he was, if I kept sending LO with clothes and them not come back or he was putting her in party dresses to do painting or something like that I would maybe only send her with older clothes because I can't afford to replace it all but if the clothes were coming back fine then I wouldn't mind want he had.

It's because she won't get the clothes back again! I've quite often not gotten clothes back from DD's Dad, and when you spend a lot of money on nice clothes and then they send her back in something shit its quite annoying!

Edit - only meant to quote the top one!

Nope, he rarely has them over night to be honest but on the odd occasion he has I just send them in clothes and pack an over night bag with clothes in for the next day and he then sends them all back to me. He doesn't keep clothes there or anything so I know they won't get ruined or misplaced.

FOB has his own wardrobe of clothes for Ben. He dies have him half the week though so I expect it!! He sends him in his clothes and I wash them and put Ben in them the day he goes back. He has awful taste in clothes, and he thinks polo shirts eye that I put in him are 'chavvy' so works better that way!! Although its quite sad that he buys all the clothes when out in Florida and his mum pays, so technically she buys them!!

I always send Harry in the clothes that I'm not too keen on. They're not scruffy, just not to my taste i.e. gifts or things I got in the sale then changed my mind about. It's only because I would never see the nice clothes again! And if I spend a lot of money on an item of clothing, it's a shame for it only to get worn a couple of times on a weekend here and there before he grows out of it. FOB never buys LO clothes. His family do at xmas or birthday but other than that, FOB just hoardes what I send him in! :rofl:

I don't, but FOB buys Lucas quite a few clothes too. I am guilty of putting him in the clothes that aren't to my taste when he stays with his Dad though :lol:

Well I'm with my OH but my MIL has an entire new wardrobe for when she sees LO. Our stuff isn't good enough apparently :dohh:

My MIL does this!

I sent Joshua round in a pair of designer jeans which had rips them....they said "We've bought him some more trousers as the ones you sent him in had holes in them, I've put them to one side for the charity bag." Ermmm fuck no! I had to explain the 'holes' were meant to be there.

strange to not want LO's clothes that i have bought to be ruined and returned with stains from not using a bib with spaghetti bolognaise?? hmmmm. really strange! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->