Do you know if your mom had difficulty TTC?

My mum was 42 when she had me, I was a complete surprise! She had never tried to get pregnant with any partner, hadn't known my dad that long:blush:and just assumed she was too old to fall pregnant. She then had my brother at 43, first time trying. Wish I could say it runs in the family!

My mom had no trouble conceiving. She had only 2 kids, my sister and I. I had to tell her I was TTC as she kept asking when are you going to have a baby and it made me sad. I've been TTC for 14 months so I told her please don't ask me again. She felt so bad. :(

My sister got pregnant at 17 after only like 4 months with her boyfriend. Then she got pregnant again after only 1 month with another boyfriend (had a MMC)

I doubt this counts but 1 of my brothers has 4 kids, another has 3. The other doesn't have any. They have been NTNP for years with no success.

No one in my family that I know of had trouble TTC. Just me. :(

Guys you have to realize that time have changed so it will not be smart comparing our fertility to that of our parents. We eat different, the world is more polluted, many of us have jobs (which comes with more stress), and many of us are on birth control pills for years as compared to our parent

Guys you have to realize that time have changed so it will not be smart comparing our fertility to that of our parents. We eat different, the world is more polluted, many of us have jobs (which comes with more stress), and many of us are on birth control pills for years as compared to our parent

I can compare actually because of my mother's lifestyle. She is a smoker, heavy coffee drinker, heavy soda drink, and takes tons of pills everyday. I am a non-smoker, 1 coffee a day, no soda, no pills, I am a stay at home wife and wasn't on much BCP. :)

My mum had a job in an advertising agency in the centre of London, which is certainly more stressful than what I do! But I take your point, everyone is different, and there's no point comparing ourselves to our mums if it just adds to the stress. I sort of take comfort from the fact that she was able to get pregnant at that age so easily, though.

I worry as my mum had tried for 10 years to have me, and was told by doctors she could never concieve!

Hi all,
I'm 32. My mum was 32 when she had my brother and 36 when she had me. Unfortunately, like another earlier post-er, I can't ask her how much difficulty she did or didn't have because she passed away several years ago. Although both my grandmas had lots of children and my mum's sisters had no problem, I know my dad's sisters and my female cousin on that side have one child, no child or had to adopt. Does worry me in case I take after that side, been trying for 10/11 months.

Good luck everyone.:flower:

My mom got pregnant easily but had trouble carrying to term... however she had health issues (that I do not have) that caused the miscarriages. The only reason I know her issues is because she had no clue of the health problems till she TTC so I am just keeping an eye out.

I know everyone is different.

My mom had 4 children very easily. All of the women in my family have had children with no problem. The only person I am unsure of is my aunt on my fathers side never had children. I don't have contact with my fathers side of the family so I have no idea if that was by choice or if she tried and couldn't. It constantly bothers me too. I just wish I knew how to get in contact with her. :-(

My mum and dad tried for almost two years for me and had almost given up hope. I'm an only child so I'm guessing it just didn't happen again for them. Luckily, it doesn't seem to run in my family as we conceived first month with dd and second month with this baby.

I agree with you a certain extent... I am just curious about my mom really, but don't have the guts to ask.

There's something to be said about genes though and my Mom had four.

My husband is an only child though, so I keep driving myself crazy wondering if maybe they had trouble and my hubby has faulty sperm... Haha.. I know... I am dreaming up every possible scenario..

My mum was 42 when she had me, I was a complete surprise! She had never tried to get pregnant with any partner, hadn't known my dad that long:blush:and just assumed she was too old to fall pregnant. She then had my brother at 43, first time trying. Wish I could say it runs in the family!

Whoa... That is a huge surprise!!

It was that! A happy one, though. She had always wanted children but was just never in the right kind of relationship.

my mom had no difficulty but I'm getting closer to 2 years of TTC but still no luck.
So, it's not that related I guess.

It was that! A happy one, though. She had always wanted children but was just never in the right kind of relationship.

Awesome-- so fantastic!

My mom got pregnant her first try for 4 pregnancies (miscarried 2 of those). With me, it took her 3 months. She also had a surprise pregnancy that ended in mc.

My aunt on my dad's side is the only one I know of who had issues conceiving. She never had children, but she and my uncle were both obese. I don't know how much that could've played into it. She also had hyperplasia.

I'm unexplained fertility though, at least for now. I don't think it's always genetic.

my mum tried for 4 years to have me, i'm a result of a clinical drug trial, as was my brother, then there is what my mum calls the ''happy accident'' which is my next brother down and then she had drugs to have my youngest brother :headspin: so i'm a bit worried to say the least!! not helped by the fact my husbands decided now he doesn't yet want a baby (although won't use protection so i think we're still trying but not?!) x

my mum tried for 4 years to have me, i'm a result of a clinical drug trial, as was my brother, then there is what my mum calls the ''happy accident'' which is my next brother down and then she had drugs to have my youngest brother :headspin: so i'm a bit worried to say the least!! not helped by the fact my husbands decided now he doesn't yet want a baby (although won't use protection so i think we're still trying but not?!) x

Urh, men!!! Mine did that a while back, then continued to dtd with no protection, im like make you bloody mind up!! He'll get over it!

Urh, men!!! Mine did that a while back, then continued to dtd with no protection, im like make you bloody mind up!! He'll get over it!

Love it!!

My mom was a fertile myrtle. She conceived 7 times, none of those she was actually trying. But I do have 2 aunts that had a difficult time :( One aunt had tried for 13 years before her and her husband were on the cusp of divorce and then it happened. They are still married, and their daughter is 16 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->