Do You Like Your Own Name?

I quite like mine, Carly, not unusual but at the same time not common, middle name is Jade, Mum's always called me Carly-Jade, but never stuck with anyone else, although when I marry my partner, his surname sounds horrible with just Carly, so for my wedding present he's going to legally change my name to Carly-Jade, so it will have to stick then! :p

I love my name, Vanessa. I've always loved it. I actually never wanted my name to be shortened - at school people tried to call me Nessie, or Van, and no offense to anyone who likes those, but I couldn't stand it! It never stuck because I never responded to anything other than my full name. And I always loved it because there were very rarely any other Vanessas around.

I like my name (Caroline) it's not that common, or at least I've met very few people that share it O:)

Great idea hawalkden!
Our names tend to grow on us and we learn to like them eventually. As will our children (hopefully!)

When I was growing up I didn't like me name, but now that I'm older I do. I think it is good to have variations - mine is multi-syllable so it is easily shortened.

I grew to love my name, it was pretty unusual in my year - no one at school was called Danielle - you struggled to find things with my name on it in fact - it then became a bit more popular and then not so much anymore. I think it's a very pretty name now :)

I like my name (Kelly) always have.

I don't know many with the name although it's quite popular. There was only me and another girl in my year at high school :)

I hate my first and middle name and neither can be shortened so I'm pretty much stuck.

I love my name. It's Brittany. I've been called Brit, Britt-Brat, etc.

Although a lot of people think of the name Brittany as being a name of a girl who is a cheerleader and stuck up. So not like me at all. I am the complete opposite. If I could have played football (American) I would have. I am the biggest tomboy you will ever meet. I'd rather play in a hole of mud than to go get a mani and pedi.

Love my name! Erica! It just rolls of the tongue doesnt it! Lol I just hate that when ppl spell it they put a k or ck.

I love my name, it's Julie. Not exciting or unusual, but in my year at school I was one of two and I've never really met a lot of Julie's. I get Jules or Jo from those closest to me, but I like Julie just fine.

I don't mind mine, it's boring but I've had 19 years to get used to it lol! I did used to hate it though!

My name is Emily and I like it. I'm 29 and don't know many Emily's my age. I was the only one in my year at school. I get called Em by my family and DH.

I love my name... Rebecca Katherine Zoe. Don't think my parents could have picked better.

Stacie, i hate it. People seem to associate it with women that are easy????? :(

Mine's Hazel. I used to hate it at school - as there were no others, and felt I stood out, was a bit of a shrinking violet at the time! As I've gotten older I've grown to like it, thanks mum!

It is hard to say for mine. I chose No.

I like the name Sarah, but I don't like it for me. I don't care for common names, and really hated growing up with 3+ Sarah's in classes and activities.

I am not sure which name(s) I would chose for myself if I were to change my name, but I think it would be something less common :thumbup:

My name's Rosemary, and I usually go by Rosy (I christened myself that at 3 :lol:). I do quite like my name. I wouldn't say I love it, but I think Rosy suits me and I have just started a new job where I have not told anybody about my nickname, so I am just referred to as Rosemary for one of the first times ever.

I used to hate my name when I was younger, everyone always made fun of me and no one ever knew how to pronounce it

my name is Annika (pronounce like Monica minus the M)

I'm ok with it now, still get the "how do you pronounce it?" question occasionally, but everyone says "Oh that's so unique and pretty"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->