Do you lock your pets out of your bedroom at night?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I have 2 cats and we lock them out of our bedroom at night just in case they harass LO but they always ignore him and I do miss having our kitties in our rooms of a night. But just wondering if anyone does allow their pets in their room at night with LO in there?

Yeah. :blush:

It's against bedsharing guidelines, I know, but my little dog has slept at the foot of the bed on my OH's side every night since we got him four years ago. So he still does.

My big dog sleeps in the living room and we did have a gate up for the first few months, but he really has no interest in coming into the bedroom at all during the night, so we stopped putting the gate up.

Our dogs sleep in their crates in our room at night. When I used to bedshare with Callum during the day for naps, I would close our bedroom door so they couldn't come in.

yes, I have to. the cat will get in & sleep with LO in her cot if I don't! :dohh:

LO's room is closed just because you never know if the cat wants cuddles.

They used too but 2 months before LO arrived we started shutting them out using a stair gate. That way they wouldn't associate LO with being locked out. They are border collies so big dogs. They used to drive us nuts anyway as they are always blinking scratching (both have a grass allergy of sorts). They learnt pretty quick - well the clever one did!

I have a small dog and she sleeps in bed with me, always has since we got her as a puppy.

She was unsettled when LO first came home and was in the Moses basket in our room but she soon got used to him and me getting up in the night and just ignored us.

LO was in his own room at 6 weeks as he's a noisy sleeper and I'm a light sleeper so I was awake all night listening to him. Our dbedroom door is closed on a night so if the dog does move she stays in our room until we get up, but regularly I have to kick the lazy dog out of bed on a morning otherwise she will stay there all day!

Yep, we moved our dog out into the lounge a few months before LO arrived. If she still slept in our room, LO would wake up many, many more times than she does!

My dog used to sleep in my room in her crate but she had to be moved when we set up the crib and changing table. I try to keep her out as much as possible especially right now because she is shedding her summer coat and wow the fur is awful! I also co sleep and don't know if I trust her as of yet. Baby is sooo small and she is so hyper

Holly has her own room and the dog knows he doesn't go in there. We did catch him sleeping in there a few times as I had a duvet on the floor in there that I used to sit on to feed LO in the night and the dog liked to curl up on that to go to sleep. But I removed the duvet and he's not interested in that room now xx

I really miss my cats coming in at night but I do think they would probably want to sleep in his cot. We always used to leave our bedroom door open of a night because one of our cats would just meow outside pretty much constantly until we let her in but she seems to have got the message now.

I used to let her sleep under the covers with me of a morning because she loved it and when LO was a few weeks old, I'd had such a bad few nights with him being up so much that my mum offered to stay so she stayed with him downstairs in the living room and my cat came and slept in my bed with me. I could tell she absolutely loved it because she'd been locked out for so long.

Oh well, when LO goes into his own room, they'll be able to come back in I suppose x

Nope. Our dog Parker is usually sleeping on the couch by the time we go to bed, and about an hour later he will make his way up to our bedroom and snuggle between me and DH. Haha.

We have always put our 2 dogs in their crates at night so that never changed, and yes we would lock out the cat when LO was in room with us still. Since she is in her own room we have a gate put up that keeps the cat out.

Yes. But I have done since day one. He stays downstairs. My cat)

my cat sleeps next to me on the bed every night. We shut her downstairs the first couple of nights after we came home from hospital but she just cried. I hated it so we allowed her back in.

We have two cats and we keep the doors open mainly so I can hear DD1 if she wakes in the night but they have never tried to jump into Moses basket when she goes into a cot I will put a cat net over for a couple of weeks just incase but they stay well away from LO ( think they learnt from DD1 she used to try and ride them lol) one sleeps on foot of the bed And the other sleeps in her cat bed which is in our room

You can always open the door during the day and see what they do

My cats have always stayed in the kitchen, they have their beds, food and access to outside.

They are also not allowed upstairs, and never have been, but they will happily snuggle on the sofa on an evening

I kennel my dog. He used to sleep in the bed with us at our feet but when baby was brand new, it made me nervous at night time. He doesn't bother baby at all but when he has to go outside, he gets all excited and jumps around sometimes scratching me or steppin on me. I don't have a cat but want one really bad. it would be gated out of our room at night as well as baby's. (we are working on him sleeping in a crib for the first part of the night.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->