Do you love your kids more than your OH?

LeeBee

Reaction score
My hubby and I were talking last night about this upcoming weekend, and he suggested leaving our son home so we could have a more relaxing weekend. I said no, because I would miss him too much... Then hubby said to me, "Well, sometimes we need to do that. I mean, your my wife, and I love you more."

All I could think was... wow, I totally do not feel the same way. I mean, I love my husband to death... but nothing could compare with the love I have for my son (and soon to be 2nd son:))

How does everyone else feel?

i agree that couples need time with each other and not just be mum and dad all the time. but both me and oh said we loved zane more.

i always said to my oh if zane died i couldnt live without him but i could live without my oh....and ive been put to that test.

i love my oh more then my own life but i love my son more then that

No, I love amelie way more than I love anyone else EVER. I'm 99% sure my OH feels the same.

I dunno. I'd like to think I love them equally. I would die for both of them, would do anything to make either of them happy.

I think we're talking about different types of love, neither are comparisonable to me! xx

I agree couples need time alone together.... and when he's older, I'm sure I'll have no problem! But he's still my little baby right now :hugs:

Yeah the 2 kinds of love are non-comparable for me! Both are immense. Not wanting to be away from your LOs when they are very little is normal but couples do need couple time too... it doesn't have to be a whole weekend though does it?

xx

I love them equally - I'm not sure I believe there are varying degrees of love lol but I think moms have an additional something there a fierceness/protectiveness a desire to meet their every need and that can sometimes interfere with marital responsibilities. I think your DH just wants to spend time alone with you because although you are parents, you are also lovers and friends, I don't think he loves your LO less iykwim.

I would put the kids first. ALWAYS. I would hope that my OH would put the kids before me too!

I agree couples need time alone together.... and when he's older, I'm sure I'll have no problem! But he's still my little baby right now :hugs:

how old is your baby?

Well, he's not exactly a baby... 20 months :) LOL... I still think of him as a baby though!

he will always be ur baby lol
i still call zane baby all the time, but sometimes i couldnt wait to be able to spend time with my oh n not be mum for 1 night.

I definitely don't mind a night off. I just don't want 3 days off! We'd be leaving Friday night and coming back Monday, and that's just too long for me :nope: For now at least... I told hubby we could eventually take a couple days and fly somewhere warm or to Vegas or something...

I definitely don't mind a night off. I just don't want 3 days off! We'd be leaving Friday night and coming back Monday, and that's just too long for me :nope: For now at least... I told hubby we could eventually take a couple days and fly somewhere warm or to Vegas or something...

3 days is along time, stick to ur guns if ur not ready

interesting question

Hannah would always come first for me, her needs would be met first etc. But I don't love one more than the other, I love them differently.

This is a hard one. I read once someone saying that you only have your kids on loan while your husband is for the rest of your life. I do try to be mindful of that when even the cats get more of my time than hubby does.

I almost feel a little bad that I feel this way. Like maybe I should love my husband more? Or maybe I'm too attached to my LO? Is that even possible?

While I'm sure that it is possible to be to attached (it would have to be really extreme in my opinion though--just don't want to say never because you know there are always the odd circumstances out there) I'm sure that you're not that way.

I wouldn't leave Hannah at this moment for a trip with just the two of us either but luckily my husband feels the same as me. (We also don't really have anyone we can trust to watch her, no family close by and a few friends but I'd never impose on them for more than an hour here and there if need be).

You have to do what you feel comfortable with I think while trying to make sure that he doesn't feel ignored/as though his needs aren't being met. Is there any sort of compromise you two could come to like maybe a day trip or a night out rather than a vacation of multiple days??

I actually just sent him an e-mail saying we should take a night and go out of town. So hopefully that will make him feel better.

For some reason I just thought of the mom is "psycho" (at least I think that's the movie I'm thinking of...) I swear I'm not that bad!

I agree with some of the other women. It's a different type of love. I would say I love LO and DH the same. My LO is here because of the love DH and I share and that will always make him special to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->