Do you love your kids more than your OH?

I would save Helena first, any day or time. She's my baby :cloud9:
I do get that saying about children are on loan.

I don't know, I love Helena more, but I love Brian.

I love them equally but in a different way. But Omar always comes 1st. We planned several nights out but we ended up taking Omar with us. We went overnight once 3 months back & I ended up calling my mum hundreds of times. We had a very good time & we needed the break.

We'r trying to plan another overnight out without Omar some time soon, but I dont think we can leave him for more than one night. xx

I love sophie-louise and Dylan more than anyone or anything in the world!!!
so yep I love them more than I love my OH, Thb I would want my OH to say the same thng if he was ever asked this question xx

Ohh just to add, I do love my OH with my whole heart but my babies will always come first x

I would be absolutely devastated to lose my husband. He is my partner, my best friend, my lover, my everything.
I have a different love for him than I have for my sons, but it is equally as strong.
That being said, if it was some horrific situation and it was baby or spouse, he and I would both agree that we would save our children first.

I hand on heart love alfie more than anything or anyone is this whole world. hes my baby =)

<3

Hand on my heart i would die for my daughter, the same is not true for my OH. My daughter does and always will come first. She is literally my everything :cloud9:

I'm probably the wrong person to ask (marriage hasn't turned fabulously for us) but even if I utterly adored my husband, it couldn't touch what I feel for C. I adore my mom and I think I would die for her- but I KNOW I would die for C. There is just absolutely no one else I could love nearly as much (unless I have another kid of course).

We were talking about this the other day. It's not like you love each other less than the kids but it is different. It is an inbuilt survival response to protect your children first. We are designed that way so our species continues on. It is basic instinct really. We are hard wired to put children first. Well, mothers are. Men are a little different. I spoke to my dad about this recently (mum died in Jan) and he was saying that it seems harder to lose his wife than we he lost his daughter. I think for many men it is different.

My hubby said if he lost me it would be awful but he would have to carry on for the children. I imagine if you lost a child you would also have to carry on for the other children but that hole would remain in your heart so huge that it would never heal completely. People cope after relationship break ups/losses. It's not easy but with time I think you can go on. I can't imagine the world not stopping if I lost my child

I love them the same amount. I would do anything for either.
I look at it like eventually LO is going to grow up, move out, get married - no matter what she does I will always love her.
But my husband will be there with me through and past all of that, he's with me for life - that doesn't mean I love him more but I do put him first a lot of the time.

It is a different love :)
I love Jake more than anything in this world though! Make of that what you will :p

I love Jacob more. Well I love them differently, of course I love OH but I don't think anything compares to the love mothers have for their children, it's just not the same.

Infact, I don't even know if I would die for OH...is that bad? I often think of this, and I would hate to leave Jacob behind, pretty sure that makes me a bad person. I mean, i'd give him a kidney or w/e....but jump infront of a bus? Not sure. Whereas for Jacob, i'd do ANYTHING.

I dunno. I'd like to think I love them equally. I would die for both of them, would do anything to make either of them happy.

I think we're talking about different types of love, neither are comparisonable to me! xx

I agree with this.

Also i wouldn't of had my LO without my OH.

I love Jacob more. Well I love them differently, of course I love OH but I don't think anything compares to the love mothers have for their children, it's just not the same.

Infact, I don't even know if I would die for OH...is that bad? I often think of this, and I would hate to leave Jacob behind, pretty sure that makes me a bad person. I mean, i'd give him a kidney or w/e....but jump infront of a bus? Not sure. Whereas for Jacob, i'd do ANYTHING.

I feel the same way. I think that's pretty normal :winkwink:

I dunno. I'd like to think I love them equally. I would die for both of them, would do anything to make either of them happy.

I think we're talking about different types of love, neither are comparisonable to me! xx

Completely agree with this x
I love them both the same but the love is different x

I love them the same amount but it is a different kind of love.
Jacob will always come first though.

yes i love my son more.. its unconditional love. he comes first and he is the most important person. both my husband and i feel this way which i think is right.

that said it is a different sort of love and you do need time for eachother... perhaps 1 night away would be a comprimise. i couldn't do a whole weekend but we had a night in a hotel when we went to a friend's wedding and it was lovely being the 2 of us again for that short time

I agree with the ladies saying it's a TOTALLY different type of love. You ARE with your OH forever (or at least you're supposed to be). I think what happens to many moms is that once a baby is born, that baby becomes the center of their lives, instead of a member of the family. Suddenly the baby is the king (or queen), and often, I think, hubby gets the shaft. That's just awful to me, and I think it's awful for the child to see.

When I look at my parents, I know they would've done anything for me (both of them), as I will do and my husband will do for our children. BUT the greatest gift my parents could have given me was intense love and respect for each other. Unfortunately, their relationship was very rough, and ended in divorce. Even if my parents had TOLD me they love each other more than they love me (which, btw, they never said) that would have been AWESOME! They knew that one day, I would find my own love of my life, and together we would raise children.

Out of a true love for one another, I believe we are equipped to bring the best kind of love to our children.

But maybe I'm a weirdo :)

I love Thomas with every fibre of my being. I love OH very much, but it's not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->