Do you Practise Yoga?

emmahobbsie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you practise yoga at all?
I have been doing it for an hour a day for 2 months now and I find it so calming and relaxing.

There are some great articles which suggest fertility enhancing poses and give you information on the link between yoga and fertility;

https://magkaye.hubpages.com/hub/The-6-Best-Yoga-Poses-for-Fertility

Did yoga work for anyone, or is it just something to help in amongst other methods? :shrug:

Love & positivity

:kiss:

Hey Emma,

I'm going to start yoga hopefully next week! Am looking for classes at the moment.

A friend suggested I do it as a way to relax and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Would tie in nicely with the acupuncture I'm doing too… trying to make my body this place of zen and all that in order to have space for a baby inside! Although I think I'm not stressed I really do think I hold it all in and then, bam! It all comes out in this huge wave of emotion at some point or another…

I'm so sorry to see you have lost a wee one, how devastating :(

How long have you been trying for? We are on month four now. I know not long in the scheme of things but man, am I ready. We have been WTT for four years, since getting married in 2010 x

Hey tuesdaysbaby, thankyou so much for your reply! <3 :flower:

DF & I have been trying for a little over 2 years now - its very disheartening, but i have PCOS so i guess things are just gonna take a little longer than usual :'(
Lots of love, luck & positivity to you and your husband!:thumbup:

I would definitely recommend yoga! I used to do the free class once a week at my gym but DF & I recently moved away so i had to cancel my gym membership.
I really didn't want to give up the yoga and since we dont have a gym in our new location i looked around online and came across Louise Soloman - she is an experienced 'yogalates' instructor with a series of DVDs that you can practice at home.

The Dvds are very relaxing and the poses are so easy to follow. Its actually a combination of yoga and pilates so you get the toning benefits of pilates and the strengthening benefits of yoga. she is Australian and has a very soothing tone so its nice to start the day off with.

I have a few of her dvds but my favourite one has to be the 'the energizer' (its only about £4 as i think they are pretty old now - here's a link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yogalates-...=1397030500&sr=8-6&keywords=solomon+yogalates ). I do this one everyday :)

you can pick up mats and resistance bands pretty cheaply too and that's literally all you need.
I've found that i sleep so much more well since I've been doing the yoga and like you said its a great way to release anxiety and stress - some of the poses are even great for enhancing sexual sensitivity too ;) haha! :blush:

I hope you enjoy your yoga journey - please let me know what you think? I'd love to have a yoga buddy and I love the thought of creating a place of zen for the baby - that's so lovely <3 :hugs:

Thankyou so much again for your reply,
have a great day!

I love the idea of yoga. I have terrible balance and I'm not very flexible so I expect I would be bad at it and give up quickly. I could do with the relaxation though. I'm gonna look up that DVD you suggest. Thank you!

I recently got a DVD on fertility yoga called 'Bend, Breathe and Conceive'. I haven't tried it yet but am definitely going to.

Good luck ladies on your yoga trials as well! I hope it really helps us all.

I'm hoping that if nothing else, it will help to relax me which might make it easier to conceive if stress is causing a big problem which it probably is!xx

Tink_ that sounds brilliant! Ill definitely invest in that :D what a great one!

Good luck with your yoga ladies, it is very soothing and like Tink says it can stop stress which is a big cause for not conceiving!

Please let me know how you get on and if you find any other good DVD's to do at home!
I'd love to keep doing the classes but they can add up in cost and also its nice to be able to do it in the privacy of your home until you are more steady with the poses :D

Love & positivity :kiss:

Hey tuesdaysbaby, thankyou so much for your reply! <3 :flower:

DF & I have been trying for a little over 2 years now - its very disheartening, but i have PCOS so i guess things are just gonna take a little longer than usual :'(
Lots of love, luck & positivity to you and your husband!:thumbup:

I would definitely recommend yoga! I used to do the free class once a week at my gym but DF & I recently moved away so i had to cancel my gym membership.
I really didn't want to give up the yoga and since we dont have a gym in our new location i looked around online and came across Louise Soloman - she is an experienced 'yogalates' instructor with a series of DVDs that you can practice at home.

The Dvds are very relaxing and the poses are so easy to follow. Its actually a combination of yoga and pilates so you get the toning benefits of pilates and the strengthening benefits of yoga. she is Australian and has a very soothing tone so its nice to start the day off with.

I have a few of her dvds but my favourite one has to be the 'the energizer' (its only about £4 as i think they are pretty old now - here's a link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yogalates-...=1397030500&sr=8-6&keywords=solomon+yogalates ). I do this one everyday :)

you can pick up mats and resistance bands pretty cheaply too and that's literally all you need.
I've found that i sleep so much more well since I've been doing the yoga and like you said its a great way to release anxiety and stress - some of the poses are even great for enhancing sexual sensitivity too ;) haha! :blush:

I hope you enjoy your yoga journey - please let me know what you think? I'd love to have a yoga buddy and I love the thought of creating a place of zen for the baby - that's so lovely <3 :hugs:

Thankyou so much again for your reply,
have a great day!

Louise Soloman is amazing! I've always loved doing both yoga and pilates, love her DVD's. I used to do one everyday while pregnant with DD. I really should get back into it

Celestek89 she is brilliant isn't she?! I just love her soft tone and the pace of the DVD's is great, it gives you a chance to see what she is doing as well as trying to get into the pose yourself haha!
I didnt know that she had a pregnancy one - which one did you do?
<3

Ooh I also have a Louise Soloman DVD. I might try it again, see if it helps!

It's worth a try Tink <3
at the very least it will get you fit and healthy ^_^
have fun!

I don't know about an actual pregnancy one, I used to do her normal ones lol

Ahh i see, thankyou! i guess they are quite relaxed anyway aren't they so it must be safe during pregnancy :)

:cloud9:

Just got back into it. Im on CD 1 and it definatley can help with AF too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->