Do you put your LO to bed early or when you go to bed?

i wouldnt change her routine, why wake her from her sleep ? it sounds crazy for me, LO will wake up when she's hungry as she gets older you'll most likely find that the time between night feeds gets longer this is what happened for us LO from 5 weeks + was bathed and in bed for half 9 at the latest and it worked really well for us i never did a dreamfeed and a couple weeks after doing the routine he wouldnt wake till 4am

First I have heard of this dream feed sounds great going to try it thanks :)

She's doing excellently for 4 weeks. I wouldn't change a thing. If you try to keep her up later, she'll be unhappy.

That's a fantastic schedule at 4 weeks.

For us, at 4 weeks, we crashed whenever he crashed. He was not like Ruby :rofl:

Well done you getting your LO down at 8 up at 8 with just one feed inbetween. Sounds like it's working to me and if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Hi hun

I think your LO is doing GREAT for 4 weeks and I personally wouldn't change a thing. It's funny as me and OH were just talking last night about what we would do differently next time and this was one of them. Holly used to sleep in her carrycot downstairs til her last feed of the day at about 11 then come up with us. She then slept through til 7am ish from about 9 weeks. But then we really struggled to get her to go to bed earlier and have had to work hard recently to bring bedtime earlier. Now she does 8pm til 7 or 8am, but she had gotten so used to going to bed with us at 11/12 that it was hard to introduce this! I said to my OH that next time I'd rather have a bedtime at 8pm ish to begin with, maybe with a dreamfeed at 11 and then wait til they drop the feeds in the night, rather than waiting until the last feed before taking them up to bed, if that makes sense.

x

@ four weeks old, LO went to bed at 11 pm and had a dream feed at 12:30.
I stopped the dream feed and had about a midnight bed time (and went to sleep when he did)
And it worked good for me, because he would sleep in til like 11 am the next day :lol: (with night feedings of course)

Just over the past 2 weeks I started putting him to bed between 8:30 and 9 . But now he wakes for the day around 9 the next day, and I still go to bed at midnight .. so i've been tired.

But those couple hours he's in bed are nice -- because I get my school work done, and clean the house up.

Sorry I don't even know if I gave you any advice .. i just rambled :haha:

Thank you, shes stopped sleeping through now! she had a good routine from 5-6 weeks for a while.. now recently passed 2-3months its slipped horribly, not sure if shes ready for a thicker milk or somethin :|

I know on LO formula packet the guidelines says he should be having 3 feeds a day, LO is still having roughly 6 feeds a day including a dream feed, plus porridge, lunch and pudding and dinner and pudding

We used to put Leo to bed at 8pm and just leave him to wake which was usually about 2ish.

A few weeks ago, we started waking him at 11 for a feed and he now doesn't wake to be fed during the night.

Sounds like she is doing really well, but it would be better for you if that longer strech was the middle of the night xx

This is Bethany's current routine too, fed at 8, wakes at about 2, again at 5.30 then 9.00.
I was putting her to bed 10.00, but she still woke up at 2.00 then again at 5.30 and at 9.00, so we put her to bed earlier and she dropped the 10.00 feed.

Thank you, shes stopped sleeping through now! she had a good routine from 5-6 weeks for a while.. now recently passed 2-3months its slipped horribly, not sure if shes ready for a thicker milk or somethin :|

I know on LO formula packet the guidelines says he should be having 3 feeds a day, LO is still having roughly 6 feeds a day including a dream feed, plus porridge, lunch and pudding and dinner and pudding

Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol! Mine still takes 6-7 bottles plus 3 solid meals.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol! Mine still takes 6-7 bottles plus 3 solid meals.

I am amazed at how much he can eat!!! And he only weighs around 20lbs - he follows after his daddy

I am amazed at how much he can eat!!! And he only weighs around 20lbs - he follows after his daddy

I think you might need to get a part-time job just to finance his pizza when he's 14!!! And he'll still be skinny! Boys :dohh:

I think you might need to get a part-time job just to finance his pizza when he's 14!!! And he'll still be skinny! Boys :dohh:

Hubby is tall and lanky and can eat ssssssoooooooo much, our food bill is around £150 a week for 3 of us. Unfortunately for me im not tall and lanky so have to sniff his cakes and chocolates for any satisfaction :haha:

My LO has recently started going to bed at 8pm but wakes at 11 (when i go to bed) to eat one last time. After his 11pm feed he sleeps through the rest of the night :)

my LO falls to sleep on me at 8pm then i wake her at about 9-9.30pm when i go to bed for a feed then she sleeps through till 7-7.30am. She loves her sleep at night but trying to get a nap during the day is hard work. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->